The Break-Up... anyone see it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw this movie today and it was ok. Actually, it was sort of a sleeper. It's too bad because I really liked the actors in the movie (Jennifer Anniston, Vince Vaughn, Jon Favreau, Jason Bateman & Vincent D'Onofrio). However, the funny parts of the movie was the dialogue between Vince and Jon's character. It's a rental.

Hmmm...looks like Aniston is making such "blah" movies. I haven't really like ANY of her movies (The Good Girl, Rumor Has It, Derailed). Sucks cuz I like her...but her movies, for whatever reason, suck.

Originally Posted by VenusGoddess Hmmm...looks like Aniston is making such "blah" movies. I haven't really like ANY of her movies (The Good Girl, Rumor Has It, Derailed). Sucks cuz I like her...but her movies, for whatever reason, suck. I actually liked Derailed and The Good Girl. They were different roles from her. Rumor Has It sucked!

Yeah, they were different roles from her, but I didn't think that they were BELIEVABLE. I think she's good in sitcom or comedy, but she's not a character actor...one of the actors who, no matter which role they have, melt into the role and become the character (and you kind of forget who they are). To me, it seemed like she was "acting" like someone. I dunno how to explain it. I like her, but I don't see her as being around for too long in movies. That's just me, though.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by VenusGoddess Yeah, they were different roles from her, but I didn't think that they were BELIEVABLE. I think she's good in sitcom or comedy, but she's not a character actor...one of the actors who, no matter which role they have, melt into the role and become the character (and you kind of forget who they are). To me, it seemed like she was "acting" like someone. I dunno how to explain it. I like her, but I don't see her as being around for too long in movies. That's just me, though.
wink.gif
I totally get what you are saying. I think my fave movies that she is in are the typical cookie-cutter ones. She is trying to be edgy by being in other types of movies/roles but I like her just the way she is.

You know what movie I thought she did great in? Bruce Almighty.

She's good in comedy. Yeah, the cookie cutter roles are good for her. She's trying to change up her style...but it doesn't seem to be working. I like her comedy...definitely.

I have never liked a movie she has been in, I like her, but just not as an actress. She is in Office Space, my favorite movie, and she was the only character that annoyed the snot out of me. I have seen a few others, including Good Girl (didnt like that movie much) but I saw it b/c it has my future husband Jake Gyllenhaal in it, hahahaha

jennifer aniston is one of those likable people who cannot really act. she is only good when she is playing herself - her personality. when she branches off, she doesn't come across as believable. comedy is one of those things it is necessary to bring your own unique personality to, so i agree with you guys...she should stick with comedy.

i think jen should stick to shows instead of movies, but i still wanna see this!

does anyone else still associate her with rachel? when i saw that movie with her being polly (forgot what it's called), i was like, what's rachel doing with him? LOL

Originally Posted by Jennifer i think jen should stick to shows instead of movies, but i still wanna see this!
does anyone else still associate her with rachel? when i saw that movie with her being polly (forgot what it's called), i was like, what's rachel doing with him? LOL

jen, it was called along came polly!
laughing.gif

yes, i still associate her with rachel just like i still associate sarah jessica parker to her carrie character!
laughing.gif

and yeah, i still want to see the breakup!

I saw this on Friday, it was just alright, and the ending was pointless and dumb. Jen and Vince are funny and it's entertaining, but I felt like the ending didn't fit in the story. I would wait to rent.

Originally Posted by VenusGoddess ...but her movies, for whatever reason, suck. I was a fan when she was doing "friends" but she has lost my interest a long time ago. I do want to see the break up because the previews looked really funny and Vince was really good in the wedding crashers.

For those of you who saw it, did you think that the ending was sort of uncomfortable?

yeah. the ending was weird. i get it because it's called the breakup. it means that they don't stay together which is what we usually expect.

Im sad
frown.gif
I was looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. I guess I will still see it, i don't think there is anything else worth seeing in the movies at the moment.

Originally Posted by Liz yeah. the ending was weird. i get it because it's called the breakup. it means that they don't stay together which is what we usually expect. HEY!! Spoiler!!
scream3.gif

wink.gif

I'll wait til it hits the $ theatre. Heh. Same theatre experience...better low price.

Back