The Break-Up... anyone see it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched it last weekend....when I left the theater, I couldn't decide if I liked it or not. The comedy part of the movie was good. But the ending was crap. I guess they wanted to do it different from usual romantic comedies (where they live happily ever after)...for those who haven't watched it, you can just wait till it comes to $ theater
smile.gif
I don't think its worth the $8!

*THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILER*

I just seen it and it wasn't bad, althought it dragged a bit at times and something was missing there.
wassatt.gif

I liked him and her and the chemistry they had on the screen. I liked some parts of the relationship they showed - very real. I could definitely relate to many things, for example how she felt left out when the guys bonded over the video games and she couln't really participate
wink.gif

she was likable and she was a real woman in this movie, that's what I liked about it too.

I thought there was something missing, some main idea, something that would be a stronger core for a plot. there was too much fighting, after a while became tideous and did not add anything to the experience, just made me zone out at times.

I liked the ending though! it was kind of vague and I liked how they portrayed their conversation after they accidentally met up. all these warm feelings, awkwardness, many things to say, but keeping it in frames of small talk. I thought it was cool. and I liked how the ending was open - it made me wonder if they would go back together. cause they seemed like they wanted to when they bumped to each other...
smile.gif

over all, its a film one can see to relax but definitely not a must see.

Originally Posted by VenusGoddess You know what movie I thought she did great in? Bruce Almighty. I totally agree. I loved her in this, and I really do like her a lot, but I think this is the only movie I've ever liked her in.
Thanks to everyone for their opinions on this. I think I'll steer clear of it, unless I have the urge to go to the movies and there's nothing else to see.
wink.gif

I still might see it. My mom wants to see it with me. My bf kinda wants to see it also though, b/c he thinks Vince Vaughn is really funny (so do I). Also, I think my bf looks like Vince so he kind of has a big head about it now, lol.

Originally Posted by Marisol I saw this movie today and it was ok. Actually, it was sort of a sleeper. It's too bad because I really liked the actors in the movie (Jennifer Anniston, Vince Vaughn, Jon Favreau, Jason Bateman & Vincent D'Onofrio). However, the funny parts of the movie was the dialogue between Vince and Jon's character. It's a rental.

Hi Marisol,
I saw it yesterday. Funny that you mentioned it was a sleeper, cuz that's exactly what I did
9.gif
during the movie. Too bad tho' , but I still like Vince Vaughn.

What in the world was up with the ending.....
wassatt.gif
eusa_wall.gif
icon_scratch.gif
11dh.gif
unsure.gif
helpp.gif
wazup.gif
blink.gif

Originally Posted by Leza1121 Hi Marisol,
I saw it yesterday. Funny that you mentioned it was a sleeper, cuz that's exactly what I did
9.gif
during the movie. Too bad tho' , but I still like Vince Vaughn.

What in the world was up with the ending.....
wassatt.gif
eusa_wall.gif
icon_scratch.gif
11dh.gif
unsure.gif
helpp.gif
wazup.gif
blink.gif

Yeah... its too bad that it was like that. I was really looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by chocobon I really like her but it's a bummer her movies suck
smile.gif
really? "Break-up" wasnt THAT bad and I kind of liked "Along Came Polly"
whistling.gif

My fiancee wants to see this. Of course, I don't mind because Vince Vaughn is kinda hott, but we may just wait and rent it.

I had 2 hrs to kill before meeting up with friends, so i decided to go see the movie myself and see what's it all about. I watched it cuz of Vince Vaughn since he's such funny character. haha, loved him in old skool and wedding crashers. Certain skits were laughable and entertaining, but then it sorta got dragged out halfway to the ending...luckily the AC was making me cold enough to stay awake or else I would've slept.

Just when they finally "broke up" (it was pretty predictable) the last few mins sorta left u in a cliffhanger. Are they getting back or are they not? And was that really necessary to put in there? This is definately more of rental movie...and I'm sad I paid $10.75 for this. lol

Originally Posted by vanilla_sky really? "Break-up" wasnt THAT bad and I kind of liked "Along Came Polly"
whistling.gif
Hi,
I liked "Along Came Polly" too. "DeRailed" wasn't bad either.

I thought it was just okay. The dialogue was just too much between Aniston and Vaughn's characters. Seemed like they threw anything and everything in there just too try to make it work. Too much. Ending was different, which was better than the usual.

2 out of 5 chuckles

I enjoyed the company I was with much more.
wub.gif

Latest posts

Back