Hair extensions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
anyone else use them? and love them?

i have so many! i do them myself. i get very many compliments.

most people even consider buying some for themselves.

i chopped my hair off when i was blonde and did the black

thing underneath. my hair barely comes to my shoulders.

so i hace 20" extensions in right now. i love them!
love5.gif

I've only had them once, and it was done professionally. I hear lots of great things on them, and if I didn't already have long hair, I'd check into them again.

I defenitely wanted to try some extenisions. I already have super long hair that I have to cut most of it and go really short. DO you apply them yourself?

I don't try them - I am terrible at styling my hair - because I get lazy these days with my hair! But I have a friend that has them and they look SO wonderful on her! And some how the person matched her hair perfectly haha
smile.gif

i really really want to get hair extensions. i have really difficult frizzy hair that i flat iron quite often and as a result, there's quite a lot of damage and i always need to trim. i've been trying and trying to grow mine out forever but it's really hard.

the problem for me is that they are so expensive to get done professionally and i have no clue how to put them in myself, how do you do it!?!!

I want the new Hairdo extensions, but I cant decide what color to order. I wish someone around here carried the line so I can see it in person.

I have them and I love them-- I've had them on and off for 3 yrs! I have to go somewhere to get them done though. How do you apply them yourself?

i have the clip ons. i love them! i only have them to give me fuller hair on special occassions

Originally Posted by chelseyroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif anyone else use them? and love them?i have so many! i do them myself. i get very many compliments.

most people even consider buying some for themselves.

i chopped my hair off when i was blonde and did the black

thing underneath. my hair barely comes to my shoulders.

so i hace 20" extensions in right now. i love them!
love5.gif

Do you use the clip ins. That is what I use. I love them, I am addicted to them. I hate my hair without extensions now.

Originally Posted by CuTeLiCiOuS /img/forum/go_quote.gif How do you make sure they do not fall off? You just make a part across the width of your hair and clip them in. Believe me, they won't go anywhere. I buy the clips at Sallys

Originally Posted by wvpumpkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif You just make a part across the width of your hair and clip them in. Believe me, they won't go anywhere. I buy the clips at Sallys thankyou
handkuss.gif

Yes i had extensions in quite a few times. I get corn rows plaited in my hair then the hair is stitched onto the cornrows.

I've had them for about 2 years, I get them done at the salon. I'm at that horrible stage where they need to come out but I know I can't get new ones in right away so I'm sort of clinging onto them. i HATE this period!

Originally Posted by laura112 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've had them for about 2 years, I get them done at the salon. I'm at that horrible stage where they need to come out but I know I can't get new ones in right away so I'm sort of clinging onto them. i HATE this period! Yes i know the feeling!! They start to look so crap that you constantly have to leave your hair in a ponytail!!
Heres a pic of mine i had a few months ago....i layered them myself so the hair is shorter at the front but its quite long at the back

moivm0.jpg

I love them!! I'm always going for the "wild" look. So instead of dying my hair these days i just use extensions. They work perfectly.

Originally Posted by -Missy L- /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes i know the feeling!! They start to look so crap that you constantly have to leave your hair in a ponytail!!
Heres a pic of mine i had a few months ago....i layered them myself so the hair is shorter at the front but its quite long at the back

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/8670/moivm0.jpg

Yours are nice, look really natural

yeah i get all mine at sally's and if they dont have a color im looking for i just buy blonde and get some hair dye, and dye them the color i want. i get the real hair ....so i can straighten or curl them.....all i do is cut a section off [since they give you about 15 feet of hair] and to make my hair look more natural, i fold it 3 times [so theres 3 layers.] then the glue is about 2 bucks at sally's ...it specially made for extensions, so dont panic. then i figure out where i want to put them, part my hair, glue the extension, and put them onto the part. when youre at sallys check into theyre oil & shampoo to remove your extensions. i dont use the oil. i just put alot of conditioner in my hair and pull them out the oil and lipids in it will easily take them out. the shampoo is awesome, its by proclaim and it will take out the glue bits in your hair. i've had extensions in for about a year now, and i get so many compliments on my hair.

im pretty much on a hair dye rehab right now so extensions are an easy way to color your hair without the damage. and if your like me and change your mind about your hair color every other day, extensions will be perfect.

Originally Posted by meiling /img/forum/go_quote.gif i really really want to get hair extensions. i have really difficult frizzy hair that i flat iron quite often and as a result, there's quite a lot of damage and i always need to trim. i've been trying and trying to grow mine out forever but it's really hard.
the problem for me is that they are so expensive to get done professionally and i have no clue how to put them in myself, how do you do it!?!!

if you do them yourself, which is pretty easy, its very cheap! 23" extensions are only 30 dollars at sallys, plus 2 dollars for the adhesive glue, and about 5 dollars for the shampoo.......and if your hair is frizzy from straightening , you should check out tresemme's heat protector....its in a spray bottle [black] and you just spray it on your hair and its like a coat of armor against heat......i had to use that when i fried my hair, and it actually works, very well.
rockwoot.gif

Back