Shoes for skinny jeans/pants??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought 2 pairs of skinny jean-style pants and I have no idea what type of shoes to wear with them. I know the obvious is tucking them into knee high boots but I'm not comfortable with that look.

For going out I could wear my stacked heels (4") but I have no idea what to wear them with for work.

Try a sleek and dainty shoe (something that doesn't add any bulk to your foot, maybe something a little elevated). I've seen women wear them with heeled Mary Janes, Laboutin shoes, and open toed pumps.

I am sure the other ladies would have many more ideas!

Stiletto pumps. It is stylish and you can never go wrong with it. For something less heel-y you can try a ballet styled shoe with a small heel on it.

Ballet flats
B000JCXATC.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_V38833350_.jpg

I like some of the suggestions the girls have brought up already - pointy toed pumps, stilettos, sleek mary janes, and wedges. I'd add strappy heels, peep-toes, and ankle boots.

Thanks ladies for your wonderful ideas.
11a.gif
I think I have these shoe styles in my closet and going to try them out now.

I cant stand flats! Eventhough that is what they are wearing with those skinny jeans. I also see them wearing the heels. I would go for the heels.

what do you guys think of converse and similar styles with skinny jeans, i have little feet by the way! but my feet are getting cold in my little flat pumps and I have a very casual look....

i'd say something high like boots, stiletto or less heely, and yes, as Valina said, ballet flats.

i'm not an example for shoes, i can't wear stilettos (they're usually too narrowed for me or don't last long) so i wear my pair of doc martens or a pair of converse, anything solid and comfortable so i can run and don't miss my bus.

Originally Posted by miss_belle /img/forum/go_quote.gif what do you guys think of converse and similar styles with skinny jeans, i have little feet by the way! but my feet are getting cold in my little flat pumps and I have a very casual look.... The right Converse sneakers can look right if you know how to pull the whole outfit together. There are so many types of shoes you could go with. As long as the whole outfit looks alright, I don't think there are any real no-nos with skinny jeans.

yeah, ballet flats, or pointed toe shoes. i have about 4 pairs of skinny jeans and they look great with either.

Back