What is your most embarassing make up moment?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mine would be this:

In the early of this year, my brows were freakin' short after being shaved half by a MUA doing my makeup for my wedding shoot because my brows didn't grow in a good shape. For those few months while I was waiting my brows to grow back, I'd always brought with me a brow pencil in case I need to fill them in.

Ok, here it goes...I was trying on a turtleneck shirt in a store and was very careful to avoid the shirt touching my brows, but it still happened when I took the shirt off. OMG! I stayed in the fitting room for quite awhile cuz the arches were almost faded and looked like half of my brows were gone and the terrible thing is that I didn't bring any brow pencil with me!!! I couldn't stay in the fitting room for such a long time as I was only trying one piece of cloth. So, I decided to cover up the sides of my face and brows with my long hair and run out of the store as soon as I could to get into my car. I knew ppl shopping at the mall might had looking at me like a long-hair ghost with face covered up swinging in the mall. LOL!

Do you have your story to share?

My eyebrows... Until I started filling them in and letting them grow... So, that's a LONG embarassing moment... More like year or so LMAO!

i wish i had pictures from my horror story! i think i was like around 14 or 15 when i first started using MU and my mom set out some colors that were OKAY by her. well i say to heck with those and went and hit up my sisters stash and she had this pretty blue color. me not knowing anything, i just smeared the crap all over my eyes. my mom saw it and was soooo mad, that she made me attend school with that crap on! people made fun of me all day , even the teachers!

oh my, this was when i didn't know the single thing of make up. the ..i don't think we can say MUA, but anyway the woman of Yves Rocher waxed my eyebrows (because i didn't know how to do them so she was supposed to do it for me) and the wax burned all my skin around so i couldn't wear any mascara or e/s because my eyes were tearing each time i moved this part of my face. so for a while i was the girl who don't use any muscle up the nose. just to make the thing worse, my brows were so waxed they nearly disappeared, and i didn't have any pencil to make them more... existing :). in fact, i wasn't even aware i could do such thing. highschool is a time of bad experiences.

Uh okay I bought a Loreal lippie last month.I was actually looking for a dark maroon lippie.By mistake or by the lights in the store I bought a wrong shade which was almost like black but I didnt notice this .but when I got in my car I noticed that my lip color was almost black and I looked so ugly *lol* .So immeadiatley I removed it with my hand but since it was a colorstay one it wouldnt go so only some were gone and many were just still there in my lips in a uneven manner showing here and there.I did all this in a parking lot before I got into the store and I felt very very embarassed so I kept my lips just closed.I think u understand what I mean.I mean I hid it keeping my lips closed tighttly trying to hide the lipcolor and I wasnt even able to keep my lips in that way for along time and I finished my shopping as quickly as possible in that way itself.

I felt okay when I came into my car but my lips was painign a lot.

*lol* at "long-hair ghost with face covered up swinging in the mall".

probably when i was in 8th grade and i knew nothing about makeup. and wore the wrong foundation and lots of black eyeshadow.

or else a few years ago, wheni would tweeze my eyebrows to death (thank god for brow stencils, now they look awsome always).

the frist time i bought and wore strobe cream a few years back i went to a club with my friend her boyfriend and his friends i left them to go to the bath room and when i was walking towards them and through some uv lighting in the club there like omg whats wrong with ur face it looks like white stuff glowing on it i was in shock it look like i dump flour on my face i went to the bathroom wash everything off but my eye makeup

Originally Posted by han /img/forum/go_quote.gif the frist time i bought and wore strobe cream a few years back i went to a club with my friend her boyfriend and his friends i left them to go to the bath room and when i was walking towards them and through some uv lighting in the club there like omg whats wrong with ur face it looks like white stuff glowing on it i was in shock it look like i dump flour on my face i went to the bathroom wash everything off but my eye makeup Wow, I had no idea that Strobe cream glows under a black light. Good to know

trying red lipstick.....just a week or so ago....I used that stay on stuff and my lips were bright, senior citizen red all day!!! the girls at work teased me all day!!!

I don't have story to share but Lol ladies ur stories r awesome
smile.gif

having l/s on my teeth all the time! mind you, i was about 13 and didn't know what the heck i was doing! then i read about blotting on ym magazine! lol

red lipstick or fushia lipstick in like 7th grade. YEEEEEEEK

Originally Posted by han /img/forum/go_quote.gif the frist time i bought and wore strobe cream a few years back i went to a club with my friend her boyfriend and his friends i left them to go to the bath room and when i was walking towards them and through some uv lighting in the club there like omg whats wrong with ur face it looks like white stuff glowing on it i was in shock it look like i dump flour on my face i went to the bathroom wash everything off but my eye makeup strobe cream glows?! thats weird! that turns me off from buying it.one more tihing i dont have to spend money on YAY!!

The first time I ever tried makeup in general.

My late grandmother used to work for Cheeseborough Ponds (Now Unilever) That bottles and packages the products such as Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Ardern, Calvin Klein, etc. etc. Makeup was one of my first toys as a child, so you could usually find me smearing it all over my face in one way or another.

I decided that I was going to wear this too-dark foundation to school. When I got into class, the teacher stopped mid sentence, and right in the middle of class, she asked "Are you wearing makeup? Look everyone, J. is wearing makeup!"

I ran out of there as fast as I could, and washed it off!

Scary, scary, scary.

I was wearing my bare escentuals makeup and my face was itching because of the bismuth. So I started scratching and rubbing my cheeck. The whole time I was giving a speech to a group of 50 new hires and I didn't want them to think bad of me. I honestly forgot about the incident until I went to the bathroom around lunch and saw long red scratch marks down my cheeck and half of my foundation and blush rubbed off. So I had this huge bare spot in the middle of my perfectly made up face. Not a good moment in life for me.

I have this holiday lip pallete from Covergirl and i never use dark colors, but there was this one dark purpleish color that i just felt like trying, and wanted to see what it looked like...it was dark-too dark, so I then wash it off. But then something in that dyed my lips hot pink! Like a really really bad pink and it wouldn't come off for the entire day! The color was soo strong that even covering it up with other stuff did not help at all! And this was my birthday!!!!!!!!

Yeah one more embarassing story! That day was my exam but still decded to wear some foundation to the school when I was in 10th grade.I think that was too pink for me.So the teachers saw me wearing makeup and told the other one and that just passed one .She asked me "WHat are you wearing makeup for exams?Did youi prepare for your exams? ".Realy I felt so so guilty that day and was very embarassing too that too in front of other teachers.OMG!

Originally Posted by bejb1011 /img/forum/go_quote.gif red lipstick or fushia lipstick in like 7th grade. YEEEEEEEK

strobe cream glows?! thats weird! that turns me off from buying it.

one more tihing i dont have to spend money on YAY!!

well i had mention that in another thread here and some of the girls said they never had a problem with that happening so i dont know but strobe cream is awesome to me im not gonna let that keep me from buying it i just dont wear it to clubs with the uv lighting

Once i put on eyebrow gel and it froze outside . When I got to school my friends were, like, "Um, your eyebrows are white" and my hair is jet-black ....
wacko.gif

My most embarrassing.. I thought it was a good thing to have extremely thin eyebrows... I plucked them until I looked permenantly surprised hahah. My mom jumped back when she had seen me!

Also... I had no idea how to blend my foundation in/find the right color.. so I ended up wearing foundation a couple shades darker with an orangish tint and had the worst makeup line ever.

OH and I HATED moisturizing.. even when my skin was dry.. so i'd put powder over my already dry skin and it was super flakey in some parts.. it was so gross (this was all in 7th grade.. what was I thinking?!)

Back