Door to Door Soliciters

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok So I have a sign on my front door above the doorbell that reads:

"NO SOLICITATION!" and below that it reads

"This includes products, agenda, religion or services"

In other words, if I don't know you or did not invite you to my home then GO AWAY!

So.... why in the name if Mike do I still get people nearly twice a week at my door trying to sell me another Kirby, ask for donations, get me to sign up for the newspaper, magazine subscriptions, convert me to a jehovahs witness, mormonism, invite me to attend their church and countless flyers left taped to my door, stuck in the door handle, slid between the cracks etc. WTH man! :scream3: I drives me absolutely bonkers. I guess I need to start answering the door with an AK-47 :bang: in one hand and a bottle of Jack Daniels in the other. Make these morons think I am a loose cannon capable of anything and maybe....just maybe they will go and tell all their friends to avoid "that" house,....a CRAZY lady with a gun lives there!

Surely there has to be some law they are violating by not honoring posted signs. I am going to have to get some righteous indignation and start researching what recourse I have as a homeowner to put an END to this. I mean for Petes sake, I pay an assocaition fee every month. I thought one of the purposes of belonging to an association was to keep certain elements out and property values up.

If all else fails I will get really creative next time I get an unwelcome visitor and invite them in and offer them a "special" refreshment,.... and then ramble endlessly about mundane topics while my "multiple" personalities get into a disagreement over wallpaper patterns and I begin arguing violently with myself and threatening bodily harm against my evil twin. I think it might be enough to have them running for the door.

Steffie

awww I'm sorry steffie.

I live in a gated community now and haven't had those problems since. I've had my share of solicitors at my door before, and I understand how frustrating it is... I had a couple of old Jehovah's witnesses come bug me every week.

I'm lucky never to get any of those in my condo association come thru. I do however still get the kids and girl scouts that want to sell me stuff for their organizations...it's soooo hard saying no to kids. haha

Not too many in my aria ocasional Jehovahs , or somone selling fresh meat (fresh meat?) ...hasnot been a real problem...sounds like you need a big sign in the yard, a spike strip in the drivway, and a vicious attack dod guarding the house....

i hate when they come to the door, they wait untill you get off of work and sit down to have dinner it piss me off how rude is that, i just tell them im not intrested and shut the door or if your sleeping and come to the door there like sorry did i wake you and when i say YES they ignore it to try to talk , i roll my eyes and shut the door in there face

Lmfao... you are too funny! That would be annoying but whatever you do, don't hurt anybody with that AK-47! lol..

I just smile, say thank you, but I am not interested and close the door. That seems to make them go to then next house.

I agree I hate that as well. Or they try to catch you as you are trying to run out the door and already late for something!

That shit really pisses me off. I hate people coming to my door talking religion, and when you try to be nice they wont leave ya the **** alone, so you have to be a ***** to get them to leave. I swear to god I am gonna show up at the door next time with devil horns on, playing music backwards, dressed in like a satanic tshirt and speak to them in tounge.....green pea soup to spew , just for effect.

Eeww, I would NEVER buy meat from some random person standing in front of my house! lol!!! :tocktock:

OMG don't get me started too, its endless at our place too!! Its terrible, I literally have to close the door in peoples faces, sometimes while they're talking. Plus, almost every day right now coz of the season the phone rings w/ people wanting $, thank goodness for call display ...

A couple years ago I used to stay home and work and I couldn't believe how many people came by soliciting Monday to Friday during the middle of the day. Used to scare me, being home alone and all, sometimes they'd show up in pairs, threes etc. It got so much eventually I started answering the door w/ the chain on, I mean, I dunno these people, how do I know its not a robber? I don't like the fact that people are on our property and knocking on the door so often, thank goodness for a house alarm, but ya i think there really should be a law against all the solicitation we have to put up w/

I don't own a gun. I hate guns and am actually very afraid of them. But I tell ya what.....I can sure pretend to be certifiable! :rotfl:

Whats embarassing to say is that usually I am very friendly and let them give their spill and just say no thank you and point in the direction of my No Solicitation sign that is posted. If they interrupt my evening then I am going to let them waste some of their breath on me.

But I seriously am going to persue looking into what I can do about this. I need to contact our association to see if they are even aware of it.

I always let my husband deal with these kind of people 'cause I'm just WAY too nice and always end up listening to them for at least a bit!!! lol!!! Now mu husband....that's a whole 'nother story!!!!

I get the meat salespeople too!! They are selling it from the back of a truck, and the person who comes to the door usually doesn't have all of his or her teeth.

I get the Jehovah's Witnesses too, but thankfully, I'm usually not home, so they just leave a flyer on the door.

As I mentioned in the previous thread, people have a tough time selling to me because I just outright torture them.

This is taken from a previous reply to another thread in this particular part of the forum:

I personally like to have fun with telemarketers.

I have pretended to be:

1. AT&T

2. Pizza Hut

3. Whorehouse

4. Wal-Fart

5. Murder Victim

6. British

7. French

8. Retarded

9. Deaf

10. Evangelist

I had a Jevoha's Witness come to my home, asking me if I had found Jesus. I came to the door with beer in hand (I was drinking that day, so it was a happy coincidence), and invited her in to see if we could go find him. She ended up slamming my door instead of me.

LOL, I haven't turned down a Girl Scout yet, ROFL!

We live on a pretty busy street and instead of a bunch of soliciters we just a bunch of creepy people asking for directions and where such and such place is.

I love girl scouts, their cookies are awesome :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> yum!

jehovah's witnesses are nice people

I'm always working and if I dont want to talk to anybody I just dont open the door.

Paula, Meat sellers? that's odd! lol I'm so curious about that!

Ugh, I hate it when they come over. But I'm really young looking so it can be fun :rotfl: . I live with my boyfriend but I get so many people asking if my parents are home. It goes like this usually:

Sale: Hi, are your parents home

Me: no idea, sorry

Sale: Um, can you look?

Me: nope

Sale: (usually worked out that I'm older than I look) Oh, perhaps you'd be..

Me: nope, lost your chance

Back