Vaseline as a........ lip plumper??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OMG so as per the Vaseline thread, I went out and got myself a big ol jar of Vaseline! And although I must say that I still have mixed feelings about using it on my body (still haven't tried it on my face because I use Benzoyl Peroxide at night..).... I've discovered that when I put it on my lips.... it makes them amazingly SMOOTH, and plump, INSTANTLY! It's a GREAT, not to mention CHEAP alternative to lip plumper!! I've tried a sample of LipFusion lip plumper recently, which is supposed to be really good... and between that 46$ plumper, and a plain old jar of Vaseline... there isn't really that much of a difference!!!!

Think about it, NO lip plumper will EVER make your lips increase in volume enough for people to notice. The effect of lip plumper comes from it making your lips' surface smooth, so that when you apply gloss it spreads on evenly, allowing for a uniform shine, which gives the "volume" effect! And vaseline does just that! Because it doesn't actually penetrate the skin, it stays on top of the lips, filling in the little ridges, and creating that smooth surface and illusion of volume!! TRY IT GUYS you won't be disappointed!! Heh it's not even gonna cost you anything to try this out, you can probably find a small jar for like dollar!!!!

Also, if you're afraid of Vaseline being greasy and if you despise that greasy feeling on your lips, just pat your lips with a tissue after you've rubbed them with a generous amount of Vaseline to remove most of it.. Then pur your favorite gloss over it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yeah its close enough to a plumper to me. Most plumpers have peppermint or some pepper extract and it is irritating to the skin just out of my lips and burns my lips. Vaseline is a fine super cheap alternative!

hmm I always put vaseline on my lips before bed but never noticed it as a lip plump, but i'll try it again =)

Yes, vaseline gives the appearance of plumper lips since they seem smoother, but LipFusion and Lip Injection Extreme both actually do plump my lips (I have both). And, no, it's not all in my head. lol.

But if you're not wanting to spend the extra $$$, vaseline does work well to smooth out the lips. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am currently on accutane for acne, my lips feel so dry, but I load them down with vaseline and aquafor all day and before bed and they are staying huge, no lines in them at all, so I do believe that vaseline is a plumper. I have had many people say how huge they look.....

that's interesting!

I started using vaseline on my lips every nite too a few days ago, since I noticed my lips were getting chapped. It fills in the lines, and my lips are definitely smoother, although I'm not sure about plumping (I have full lips though).

Thanks for sharing!

I use vaseline on my lips everynite too. I also use it on an old mascara wand & tame my eyebrows

Vaseline's great for exfoliating lips. You just put on a good thick coat, leave it 20 minutes to soften up any dry, flaky skin you may have on there, then scrub it off with a wash-cloth soaked in warm water.

I wouldn't leave it on my lips because I don't like the feel of it, though.

Back