FOTD January 1st

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Ladies!! this is my first FOTD (new member)....It's Jan 1st in the afternoon over here (Indonesia) these were taken after my performance on new years last night after midnight (soo that would make it Jan 1st :moa: )

Here's my face for today, I'm a performer so I have to wear makeup every night. Sorry if the pics are a bit blurry, I'm still working on the techniques ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just thought this would be fun to do.

What I used :

face:

smashbox photo finish primer

prescriptives flawless skin concealer (level 5)

applied with concealer brush (mac 194se)

Prescriptives Anywear Multi-finish compact foundation (y/o ginger 27)

applied with 187 se

raizin (blush)

applied with mac 168 se brush

trace gold to highlight

eyes: carbon (outer corner)

fiction (inner corner)

humid (outher corner)

shroom (under brow)

applied with 239 se

blend with 219 se

lips:

base roc enydrail lip balm

chesnut liner

lustre lipstick

oh baby

photo

(I like to mix my lip colors)

You are beautiful! I love those lip colors on you! Thanks for posting what you applied your products with also. Most don't do that.

Btw...welcome to mut!

I learning to use mineral make-up, and I decided to take some pix and see if any of y'all have advice on how I might do it better!

Here's what I used (Oh, the first picture is me after washing it all off; I forgot to take a picture first); (oh, almost all off, I see a bit of eyeliner left,and the lip balm didn't all wash off):

Wet Pure Luxe Ultimate Cobalt eye liner closest to eye and outer third under eye. I also used the cobalt in the crease, after putting the rest on.

Pure Luxe Iris eye liner next to/out from eyeliner and in a “c†around the tear duct and below the under-eye lash line

Larinem Heavenly Skies on lid. Pure Luxe Lilac Ice under brow.

I used wet Larinem 2n foundation on the spots at inner left eye and on my nose – to cover/hide the (brown) iodine stain (I’m treating two growths with paint-on iodine). I used a mixture of Everyday Minerals fair semi matte and sandy fair original glow foundations as my over-all foundation, buffed in with my new (Larinem, I think) Kabuki.

Finally, Everyday Minerals Nick Nack blush.

Oh, and I’m using Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer in Rhubarb; yes it has to be reapplied often, but my lips tend to be dry all winter, so I don’t mind. (I bought some pinker Burt’s Bee – and major ICK against my skin color!)

Almay Bright Eyes water-proof mascara – I haven’t yet tried making my own with the recipe I found here on MuT, but I will. I’m trying to get away from all the chemicals in “regular†make-up.

I took the pix near my full-spectrum desk lamp, cause it’s dark outside...

The first picture is me un-made-up. The second is me without my glasses, and the third is with glasses. (I wear glasses all the time.) The next two are all made-up. The final one is fuzzy but shows the Iris second liner (above the Cobalt liner).

I was real unsure about putting the cobalt in the crease? That seems to be what folks do to make the eyes look smokey? And in some of the pix here, people seem to extend the color out past the outer edge of the eye? Is that mainly for dress-up , or do some of you do that for work?

I usually put a second light color of eye liner above the dark I use "as usual" - but I'd never thought to put a light color as eye liner below the eyes too: I think I like it.

I put the lilac ice under my eyebrow, but it doesn't show up (I was afraid to put it on too heavy, but I guess I put it on way too light?) (I'm very pleased with my eyebrows -- I had them waxed this month: for the first time ever! I think she did a good job, but I need to learn to fill-in, is it, with brow pencil?)

Any advice is very welcome!! (I'm a real beginner at make-up at all, and mineral make-up especially.)

Elenor

omg, ur SO freaking beautiful! You even remind me of aliyah, but you are 100x more beautiful then she is

This is my first face of the day! Happy New Year everyone!

On my eyes I used:

Urban Decay Primer Potion

MAC chrome yellow

MAC Juxt

NYX green color trio

Rimmel mascara

On my face I used:

Revlon Colorstay

Cargo bronzer

Dazzleray pigment

On my lips:

Rimmel lipliner in Eastend Snob all over my lips

Oooooohhh! Lovely look Natalie! i like the pale, matte lip...that's a difficult one but you definitely pull it off:rockwoot:

wow really pretty, happy new year. no new year FOTD for me. i was too lazy to put on MU, then we took a walk outside in the frost and my mascarra froze and then melted since i put the scarf around my nose and my exhale melted it, so all the mascarra went down my cheek.

WOW awesome FOTD, you are so pretty you look like a Barbie doll!!!! i love your face!

Well i can't opine on mineral mu technic as i don't use it but i just wanted to say those are lovely colors you used in your eyes, you look very pretty.:sheep:

Back