Soap you're using causes bad skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am writing an article about natural soup for my newspaper.

WHat i found out is that the soap we are using contains tons of chemical we shouldn't even use. Its just nasty!!

Have you thought about the soap we are using causes more demage on our beautiful skin??

The person who makes the natural soup gave me info about what she uses to make them.

Mostly she uses Olive oil, grape seed oil, JoJoba oil, coconut oil.. (those stuff we've been talking about for skin care)

According to her, if you feel driness after you wash your face, its from the soap. Meaning the soap cleans too much! even good stuff!!

I have one made of shea butter. (haven't used it yet.. )

IF you have tried these types of soap, plz let me know your experience..

and if you want to try it, you can find them at wholefood or bubblebakery.com

I also like Glycerin soaps. They are not drying at all and I like the fact that on the really good ones, I can see right through the bar! They also make my skin feel smoother. Although I like the ingredients of those you mention, sometimes my skin feels sort of sticky. Like there is a layer of build up or something on it. I have a "thing'' about that.

I'm using handcrafted soaps made of olive oil, coconut oil and castor oil, and some herbs. For my face I'm using a soap with calendula for my face, and my skin has never been better. All the drugstore facial cleansers are nothing compared to this soap. For my body I use whatever soap I find in my shower, but all of the soaps are handcrafted. It doesn't dry out my skin like the usual body washes. I can only recommend handcrafted soaps to everyone, no matter dry skin or oily skin.

when my skin was gettign really bad, i started piling on all the different drugstore products..neutrogena, clean and clear etc, etc...then I started reading articles on how they just mask the problema nd mak things worse. I stopped all at once and started just using water to rinse my face in the morning and dove soap to wash my makeup off at night. It was really weird at first, but it has helped my skin tremendously.

Hmm. . . I have heard that just using water on your face is a good idea. I am going to try this.

I've been using black soap and it has been clearing my face up :smile: . I think it's too drying for the rest of my body but it seem just right for my face.

I'm currently only using water in the morning and one small drop of Dr.bronner liquid soap night before bed. And it's working great for my skin!

i've heard really good things about black soap for people with acne issues!

i personally don't use bar soap on my face. i do have a home made soap i get from a lady in st. thomas. i do love it, but it can be a bit drying, so i don't use it too often.

i've been using my shea butter soup.. my skin's never been better!!!

i love that my skin is sooo soft even w/o scrubbing!!!

I deceid to use this kind of soup from now on

Black soap is made in africa traditionally and is usually brownish-black in color. It's traditionally made from a high percentage of shea butter and ashes of plantain leaves i believe.

Some people find it very drying, others find it mild and that it works wonders on their skin / hair ... etc. I've never tried it myself.

I love natural, gentle soaps myself. You can also find soaps that are natural based and gentle in a normal drug store, kiss my face is one, but I use a lime coconut soap for my body I get at of all places walgreens... its yummy and leaves me very soft and smells amazing. I also have found some great soaps from Sephora that I use on my face because Im not big on using liquid clensers or face creams, overly complicated facial products... Not all natural ingrediants work for everyone. You have to find the things that work for you personally at the time. Like I prefer shea butter, cocobutter, but can skip olive oil based soaps... and prefer honey, light citrus, but avoid berry or mellon bases... lavendar ok if Im a bit more oily

Most things you can dig up in your kitchen work best on your face as masks then anything you can buy in my oppinion. Fresher and leaves you with a nice glow and color... and its much cheaper to make a honey oatmeal mask then a giant tube of crap that leaves you bright red! :rotfl:

I used to use the clear, orange bar soap from Neutrogena....dried my face so badly! Most bar soaps I've tried never really worked for me...most cleansers for that matter!

Now, in the mornings I just rinse my face with plain ol'water (like others on this board) and I LOVE it! My skin looks much happier now!

When I wear makeup I just use a cold cream. No soap for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I haven't come across black soap yet but I am dying to try it, it is supposed to be excellent for the skin.

If you look at the ingredients on bar soap from walmart, drugstores etc., they are made up of detergents, not soap. Very harsh. And the 3rd or 4th ingredient on the ingredients list is typically sodium tallowate, which is beef fat. Yuk. I would much rather wash my face and body with the all natural veg oil based soaps, or even the ones made with veg oils and goats milk- they smell great, are very luxurious to use, and no animal products. Commercial bar soaps strip your skin, and then you HAVE to use moisturizer, which is conveniently made for you by most of the companys that make the soap. It is the same with commercial shamppo, it is full of detergent that strips your hair and dries it out, and then you must use the matching conditioner. These companies know what they are doing to get into our pockets, and their products are loaded with scary chemicals too!

As for the natural soaps, I love Zum soap, Pretty Baby herbal soap, and Moon Valley Organics....though there are tons and tons of people making natural soaps out there, I could never get around to trying them all...florals, herbals, they are all awesome to use!

Also, they make natural shampoo bars too - do any of you black soap users know if you can wash your hair with it as well?

I used an all natural soap on my skin... ZUM goat milk soap in oatmeal lavender.. broke my face out so incredibly bad... I stopped it about 4-5 days ago and my skin still has yet to calm down :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Speaking of bar soap or any other liquid or cream soap for face, I stopped all of it and my skin was never so clear and clean. Just pure water, rosewater toner, and some moisturizer if i got on hand or for my naturally dry cheeks i use olive oil.

I never used natural soap, but I am truly interested in the glycerine based soaps, because i buy pure glycerin from the drugstore and apply it directly on my face before bed. its really moisturizing, so it must be a great soap.

soaps in general tend to dry out the skin, imo

not to sure about the natural soaps

Back