Coconut Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you are using coconut oil on your hair currently. I am looking into using it on my hair, but I am not exactly sure how I should go about using it to moisturize my hair. I tend to have to wash my hair pretty frequently because my scalp gets oily, but I would assume that I can just use it on the rest of my hair and not directly on my scalp and it still do good for my hair.

YES !! that's exactly what i do :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i have combo hair and have to wash it everyday. i use coconut oil every 2/3 days. i put a bit of coconut oil in one hand, spread it on the other hand until i have an equal amount of oil on each hand. then i apply it only on the ends with my head bent. i re apply some oil if needed and do a braid (usually i apply the oil before going to bed so it's "abosrbed" during the night). it smells so good on your hair ^^

My boyfriend currently uses it in his hair because i introduced him to it. His hair is so soft, i get really jealous of it sometimes. It is really good for your hair and skin.

So you apply it to wet or dry hair? Then do you just shampoo your hair the next morning after you applied it the night before? Or will it even need to be washed again?

For deep treatments I apply as much as possible to hair from my ears down, concentrating on the ends. I do this before I go to bed at night, then I conditioner it out the next morning -usually conditioner only gets it all out for me, but it depends on your hair. I wash with shampoo if I've applied to my scalp for a scalp treatment.

I also use it like a smoothing serum, I rub enough coconut oil on my hand to make thin shiney film all over my palms, then I smooth my hands over my hair, concentrating on the ends.

My ends were soooooo dry before I used coconut oil :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

dry hair, and i wash the morning after. i don't use a conditioner, i feel like it's not needed. you can apply the oil on wet hair, but be careful because too much will make your hair look greasy, and i personally hate this.

you should, it smells so good. and you can also use it on your body, and it's a carrier oil so it's perfect for EO blends.

Hmm I think I need some of this. Especially if it can make my hair less dry.

i thought i answered to that question before. anyway, you can check in health food stores or online shops selling EO (that's how i got mine).

Newbie here, lol. Anyway, I love coconut oil as well. I use it as a hot oil treatment. I wet my hair, warm the oil up(I put a mug of water in the microwave, then sit the bottle in it)saturate my hair with coconut oil, put a plastic cap on my head, and let it sit for about an hour. Then I rinse it out, and shampoo.

Back