Coconut Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use this, my mum forced me to! it's a great conditioner, especially for my over processed hair!! in all honesty if you can't get it just use almond or even olive if you can stand the smell! almond is good as it doesn't have a strong smell. Oil is a really good condtioner!!!!

I cant find any real coconut oil. All i find is liquid vaseline with some coconut oil in it. Is this what you guys are using? Also i went to wholefoods and they had coconut oil but it was in a jar and it looked weird.

Hi

I grew up in India. Every Saturday we would have the coconut oil night.

I still put cocounut oil in my hair. The way it is done in India is......you warm the oil so that it is melted. Wait for a few minutes for it to be cool enough to handle. Dip your fingertips in it, and massage it in to your scalp and then the rest of the hair. Put an old pillow cover or towel on your pillow and sleep with it. If you want the next morning wrap your head in warm towel for a few minutes before shampooing.

Then shampoo twice to ensure all the oil is out. And I don't use conditioner the time I do this.

Your hair will be so soft and shiny!!!

You can find coconut oil in Indian grocery stores and ofcourse stores like Whole Foods.

Can I just say that you can do this with any kind of oil.

I use olive oil because it's readily available and you don't have to warm it up as you do with coconut oil (which is solid).

Coconut oil will smell nicer than olive oil but if you add a few drops of perfume or essential oils to olive oil, it'll smell just as nice.

The result is pretty much the same irregardless of which oil you use.

I had switched to olive oil for a couple of months for the ease of it, during winter, but I felt it was not the same. Coconut oil is just so much better, in my opinion, and I am back to it.

I bought mine at walgreens in the same aisle as hair dyes,mens hair care, and then ethnic hair care its called softee coconut oil and its a dollar...very cheap and it smells very good. They also have carrot and organic mayo creams :smile:

Hey Aude ,

Where exactly did you get it? can you link me to the site or tell me the name of the shop if its a branch? Do you think I can get it in african shops too?

When I was back home I used Vatika coconut oil , or another brand ( can't remeber name) with the bright blue bottle ..any Indians out there help me? It smells good and I find it more moisturizing than olive oil. I think its better because it washes out easier so you dont end up stripping your hair of moisture by over shampooing, which is what I have to do in order to get all the olive oil out.

What I do is coat dry hair with oil . Wrap hair in cling wrap and blast with heat with hair dryer to help it penetrate into the shaft. I either wash it an hour or so later or sleep in it depending how much time I've got.

sure, it's www.aroma-zone.com (i think they ship internationally, but on the english version only the EO are listed :kopfkratz: )

i compared the stores i found (online or not) quantities, quality, and prices, and they're the best. the shipping costs are free if you order for more than 30€ and they do ship quickly, i had my coconut oil and tea tree oil in less than one week (and i ordered a friday night).

it's worth checking in african shops, but i don't know if they sell coconut oil. why not?

oh, and i don't know if it's the same everywhere, but the auchan near my home sells some shea butter, and there's one mixed with some coconut oil. i haven't tried those products though.

like some oils, the coconut oil tends to become solid under temperatures of 20°C. you just have to warm it in your hands or under hot water (i got mine in a bottle).

i like olive oil when it comes to cook smthg, but on the hair, it's just not the same, IMO. and the smell of coconut oil mmmm ! i'm addicted :moa:

I suggested olive oil because it's easy to find in stores.

But alternative oils are jojoba, almond, camelia, shea (but you have to melt this first). Or you can blend them. The options for oil hair treatment are limitless.

15 € pour 250ml? C'est cher! ça fait une seule utilisation pour moi :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The Auchan next to my house sucks! They have 6 long shelves for cheese but only 3 for hair products ( that includes hair dye!) I guess I'll try exotic food stores ..their prices are usually more reasonable , especially ( unfortunatly) if you aren't white.

aie ! moi je ne l'utilise que sur mes pointes, et j'ai pris le petit flacon à 8€(almost finished :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ).

i know sometimes they suck, i used to hate auchan, mine is pretty good, they have a good range of hair products. maybe try carrefour?

home institut makes also a mask with shea butter, and it's quite good. it costs around 9€ for 500 ml.

Back