The Perfect Purple Eyeshadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I just did a FOTD and used Rimmel for my purples. The pigments aren't really that good IMO. If you're looking for better pigmentation I suggest a MAC color. My girlfriend wears purples from MAC and they're gorgeous

the two purples in my Ben Nye Palette are close to the most perfect true purples i have ever seen. i just put up picks in the Ben Nye thread... the outer color in the first set of pics is one of the darker purple.

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/f11...tte-52357.html

Individually the purples are called Amethyst & Cosmic Violet

Oh no! I really hope it doesn't come down to that.

And I already have just about every purple MAC makes, Purple Haze, Shadowy Lady, Parfait Amour, Entremauve pigment, Shadestick in Royal Hue, and the purple shade in the new Ballonacy Quad (truth be told, I think I bought the quad for that one shade) and I'm going to order the Pro Pigment in Grape

So the search continues...

I'm looking at Amazon and I also see a shade called "Royal Purple" - have you used that one too?

My perfect purple is MAC Shale, I love it because it doesn't have lots of reddish undertones, it's more of a blue/grey based purple.

I have been searching too and found the only way to get a purp I love is to mix my own. I have nearly all the Mac pigments and e/s but none seem bright enough on their own or layered. I'm convinced my face absorbs purp make up!!!

So now I mix my Makeup Forever bright pink star dust with Mac Blue pigment. This makes a really bright purp. I blend it on my eyes instead of a seperate container due to laziness. I put the blue on first then blend a small bit of the pink. This pink is so strong it still stains my eyes with the blue on underneath!! It works though and lasts all night. I am so dissappointed in some Mac purp pigments. The Ultrmauve is the best but it is a dark purp. Cornflower was the worst for me. I can't get that pigment to work on me in any way! Hope this helps. Even just to know others struggle with this too!!!

i love my Mac violet piggie. i try to stay away from red based purples, i had an e/s like that and i couldn't stand the color. besides, it was from agnès b, meaning no pigmentation and a very bad staying power.

I also vote on the NYX purple trio. My friend has this and it is sooo pigmented and pretty! And cheap lol!

I'm a purple freak , lol

My favorites are:

Milani Wild Violets Quad

MAC: Star Violet, Nocturnelle, Trax

MAC Pigment: Entremauve

Lise Watier: Prune

Hope this helps! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Purples are my favorites! I really like:

Cargo: "Babylon"

Nars: "Strada" & "Party Monster"

Makeup Forever: "Star Purple" & "Purple# 92"

I really like UD's deluxe eyeshadow in Fishnet :luv: It actually shows up on me and doesn't look like I have a black eye... definitely a plus.

Back