The Perfect Purple Eyeshadow

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on what type of Purple you want. To get darker shades, I use black/purple gel eyeliner then shadow over it. For lighter, White Wintery base purple shadow over it, or mix it together on back of hand then apply to eyes.

My favorite is Purple Passion, its a deep purple with lots of shine. I get it online at CMH Essentials

Urban Decay has two shadows:

Fishnet- a bright fuschia purple

Ransom-a violet purple

Urban Decay Cosmetics - Deluxe Eyeshadows

Hard Candy had a great grape purple in a quad that is discontinued, but a similar one in the Star quad (which really pops if you wet it).

Bobbi Brown's Amethyst is only pretty wet. Dry, it's disappointing.

I find Mac's purples to ashy/grey.

There was a company called Skinmarket that had the bestest purple ever. Unfortunately the company is defunct, and my shadow broke :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

Dior has some beautiful purples, but they are in the quint packs.

I usually wet my purples (and some blues) to make them more vivid.

I'm still looking for the perfect eggplant.

I don't really do purple on my eyes any more, I'm not happy with it. I used to as a teenager, and I do wear purple shades in clothes, nail polish and lipstick, just not eyes. I don't think it works well on blue eyes.

There's only one purple eyeshadow in my stash at the moment, and that's a Bourjois single in Violet Fascinant, a pretty colour but I don't use it. Bear in mind I use all the rest of my Bourjois singles regularly -- they do high-shimmer shades that are great to work with wet -- so it's definitely the colour rather than the formulation that's turning me off.

Update on the purple: I'm doing a very low-key makeup today as I'm just going out for lunch in the pub with my sweetie. So, I'd just put on brown-black mascara (Maybelline Lash Expansion), bronzer (Benefit Dallas) and lip balm.

Having talked about purple eyeshadow I thought I'd give it a second chance. I've put a soft wash of the Violet Fascinant on my lids (I smeared it on with a finger to give a very soft, sheer application) and paired it up with a Bourjois gloss I dragged out of my stash -- Effet 3D in Violet Magnific -- which is a lilac / gold shimmer.

Well, it looks pretty enough and goes well with my hair, but does absolutely nothing for my eyes. I give up. No more purple for me.

My favorite purples are:

Milani Shock

Milani Wild Violets quad

MAC Creme de Violet

UD Stalker

If you have any green/amber in your eyes, you might want to try a navy or dark blue instead. If the colour is too dark, try it as a liner that is smudged. I know that purple pops green, but if you have that translucent skin, it can look like you're sick, or developing a shiner.

As much as I lurve purple, the blue colours seem to make my darkest brown eyes look more lighter.

I love to wear blue, and I also love to wear red eye makeup -- burgundy liner for example. It's just purple I can't do!

Blue definitely looks nicer on deep brown eyes than purple, especially muted or dark blues like denim or navy.

MAC- TRAX (My favorite is to put Mac's Bare Study underneath it. It becomes one of the more beautiful colors of ALL time. I have never been complimented on my eyeshadow color alone by men until I started doing that!)

Back