Monistat face primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I keep seeing this mentioned in threads....

Is this the same monistat you use "down there"???

I am mainly just curious as to how anyone found out that it makes a great face primer....LOL

But I am also wondering how many of you use it as a face primer & how you like it. Does it break anyone out??

It can be used down there along the panty line or upper thighs for chafing, but it's not the same Monistat used for yeast infections. It's the gel version and I use it on my face and like it just as well as Smashbox Photofinish. So far I haven't had any breakouts I'd attribute to it and I've been using it for awhile.

Thanks everyone, I hadn't seen that thread!!

I sent for a free sample, I hope I like it! Haven't seen it in stores though........

There are some threads (posted above) addressing this topic. I personally hated it, made my face way greasy, heavy, and made the foundation look "cracked" in the end of the day.

ok, thanks for sharing--I sent for the free sample, so at least I won't waste any money if I don't like it, but I've never used a primer & am not really sure I even need one.

I have two mottos when it comes to make up:

"Everybody needs a primer"

AND

"Everbody needs Shimpagne".

LOL :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think starting with the Monistat is a good choice to see if a primer is needed. I spent the $6.00 for a tube that will last about 15 years. Some women seem to have no problem with their foundation lasting all day long and still looking fresh. If thats the case, do you really need a primer? I think most women would benefit but not all. I got the Smashbox primer last week. I think that the Monistat is a tad thicker but pretty much, my face looks and feels the same. Sephora carries the Lorac Aquaprime oil free primer but they were out of it so next time I'm at Sephora I'm going to ask for a sample of this.

That oil free primer sounds interesting........good to know that they have samples, I'll have to remember to ask for that if I don't like the monistat.

I have a question about it, are you supposed to rub it in? I just bought some and I just wanted to know before I used it tomorrow!

I use it and I really like it. I don't rub it in, but I don't pat it on, either. I smooth it over my face. I can see an instant difference and it really does make my minerals go on better and stay on longer. I won't wear makeup anymore without a primer, it helps me that much. It's certainly doesn't make my face totally smooth and perfect but it really does help keep the minerals on and looking fresh.

I also just got a small jar of Pure Luxe Eraser. I used it today and it is a little thicker than the Monistat stuff, but other than that I didn't really notice much difference. The Erase might be smidge lighter feeling after it's on, but they cover about the same and do the same job. The Monistat is less expensive.

CubNan,

How long ago did you order? I sent the link to my daughter and it took a while. Maybe about 8 weeks. It's funny, she's in college so when she has friends that come over to her apartment, she runs into the bathroom to hide the Monistat!

I have tried Smashbox photo finish, Monistat, and Laura Gellar Spackle. None of them make a bit of difference for me. I am no less oily, nor do I see a difference in my makeup. The thing I love the best under my minerals is Bare Escentials skin rev-er upper. I'm not exactly sure how to classify it, but it works.

I think that if you read the ingredient list, you will find a small amount of silicone in the Rev-er Upper. I know that this works for some people. It doesn't work for me as a primer, but I do use it at night. I'm not sure if I will repurchase this once I'm done with it though.

I've heard a lot of people say the BE skin rever upper broke them out....or maybe it was just the BE (like me, it broke me out BAD) & they blamed it on the rever upper, LOL!!

Back