Monistat face primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think that it would do the opposite. It has the BHA in it so it exfoliates to clear the dead skin cells away to help keep skin clear. I can't think of what else is in the rev-er upper that might cause that.

I couldn't wait for the free sample, went to Target on my way home tonight & they didn't have it, but there's a walmart across the street & they did have it (on the tampon aisle), so I got it!! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow morning!

I think you will like it. Just don't slather it on very thickly. It's a lot more forgiving if you use too much than PureLuxe's Eraser. I haven't had the Monistat stuff flake off and the Eraser did :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I put a tiny dot on this morning, less than a pea I would say, my makeup did go on more smoothly & evenly, but haven't decided yet how much I like it, I feel oilier today, but not sure if the primer is the reason why or not.............

Later on yesterday I was breaking out even more than usual, so I washed my face & put my makeup back on without the primer & it seemed to stop. I am not positive it was the primer, but I am hesitant to try it again anytime soon.

lots of lotions and creams contain dimethicone but it doesn't mean it makes a good primer. Monistat is primarily silicones which makes it a good primer.

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Dimethicone 1.2%

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, silica, tocopheryl acetate, trisiloxane

I have this and love it! My tube is almost gone, and I have a coupon for Lanacaine's version. I wonder how it compares?

I posted in response to the other posts, without trying them out. However I did try them out and the Monistat is better because of the additional ingredients especially the silica.

Back