BeautyBurst?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I Bought this eye shadow when Barbie Loves MAC first came out and the only time I've touched it was to remove it out of the packaging. I'm very upset that I bought this... Does anyone know what I could do with this butt-color? Any suggestions on pairing it with anything.. I own a LOT of MAC colors...

Thanks for your suggestions in advance..

smile.gif

You could pair it with carbon, or maybe some other golden shades. I didnt but that one, but from the pictures I have seen it reminds me of texture color wise.

Honestly, I'm not really sure... mine sits in my palette, and I haven't touched it. In fact, I was surprised I bought it too... I don't even remember buying it. Was it used in a facechart for the barbie collection? If so, you could go off of that. I bet it could look nice, but i'm just clueless at what to pair it with too.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Honestly, I'm not really sure... mine sits in my palette, and I haven't touched it. In fact, I was surprised I bought it too... I don't even remember buying it. Was it used in a facechart for the barbie collection? If so, you could go off of that. I bet it could look nice, but i'm just clueless at what to pair it with too. Exactly, I look at it all the time and wonder why the hell I bought it!!! Or what possessed me to think to buy it!?

Originally Posted by LovinPigments /img/forum/go_quote.gif did i miss as to what color the eyeshadow is that your referring to??
smile.gif
Here is a pic of it. It was apart of the Barbie Loves MAC collection and it is like a rusty brown. Kudos to the person who makes me realize why I would of bought it!
DSCN2553.jpg

Please help... i have no idea what the hell to do with it.... LOL

helpp.gif
helpp.gif
help.gif
help.gif
Bella and I would like to know what to do... lol

Thats what I thought when I first saw it, what to pair it with? I couldn't think of anything and the MU at the counter told me she didn't know with what either and that she didnt like it so I didn't buy it, but maybe try it with black or browns?

Could you use it as a blush? I have some eyeshadows from NYX that I use as blushes. But maybe it would be too dark, I guess I would have to see it in person!

Originally Posted by luxotika /img/forum/go_quote.gif Could you use it as a blush? I have some eyeshadows from NYX that I use as blushes. But maybe it would be too dark, I guess I would have to see it in person! Unfortunately it is too dark for blush. Ehh... who knows, I might just go sell it on ebay or something. lol

i had just searched on this other makeup forum for beautyburst and looked at all the FOTD's that used it.

here are some inspiring photos ... [i hope i can do this? if not, mods delete my post.]

DSCN4462.jpg

DSCN4418.jpg

DSCF2013.jpg

anyways. i see it a lot as a crease color, but pulled up a bit higher.

or else, as a liner for the lashes =]]

Why don't you just return it? They will probably take it back and then you could get a color you love.

Turqouise might look good with it. Anything that looks like parrot could go with that I'd say. I have a colour like beautyburst and it looks good that way. Also, any gold colour that you have would probably look decent.

Originally Posted by agostina1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why don't you just return it? They will probably take it back and then you could get a color you love.
I bought it when Barbie Loves MAC first came out. The receipt is only good for 90 days. It's well over that time, unfortunately. Maybe the girl at the counter that I usually talk to will still take it back.

I would use it as a mid town, I like to use white eyeshadows and take a sweep of that odd pinky brown colour and sweep it right above where I've applied the eyeshadow and right below my brow bown, it makes you look slightly more natural, just a touch of it, don't apply it very thick.

This was an eyeshadow that I really didn't bother buying either, because I guess I really couldn't see a real use for it.

But I will agree with Breathless that it would make a nice crease color. I'm not really sure what it would work with, but with a little experimentation you should be able to find something.

Magic Dust to highlight

Moth Brown in crease

Beautyburst in outer corner

Vex on lid

This makes a great daytime look!

I have it too and hate it. It's this uglyyy rusty reddy brown color. And I hate that it's matte and soooo hard to blend.

LOL don't ask me why I bought it then.. ?

Back