BeautyBurst?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, I hate those horrible absent-minded buy moments. I once bought a hideous purple eyeshadow, completely ignoring the fact that most deep purples make me look like death warmed up. Fortunately, I was able to give it away to someone who actually suits dark blue-purples. So maybe you have a makeup junkie friend who will like it? If not, sell it!

Originally Posted by Shanelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have it too and hate it. It's this uglyyy rusty reddy brown color. And I hate that it's matte and soooo hard to blend.
LOL don't ask me why I bought it then.. ?

Me either, I don't know what the hell I was thinking buying this thing! lol

Well, In doing a massive search I did manage to come up with this...

BEAUTYBURST (SATIN-LE)

1. Magic Dust on lid, Moth Brown fading into Beautyburst in crease w/ Playful softening the outer edge of the crease, Point Black Liquidlast to line, Playful on inner corner under lower lashes.

2. Cedarrose Shadestick as a base on the lid, Moth Brown on top of Cedarrose, Beautyburst in crease, Whistle to highlight, Point Black Liquidlast to line.

3. Whistle on brow bone, Pink Couture Shadestick on lid w/ Beautyburst over it on inner lid, Playful on outer lid, Shadowy Lady to line upper lashes & a thin line of Point Black Liquidlast in the lashes, Playful under the lower lashes.

4. Mythology on lid, Swiss Chocolate or Beautyburst in crease & wet to line.

5. Vex all over the lid, Magic Dust as a brow highlight, Moth Brown in the crease, Beautyburst in the outer corner.

6. Chartru Paint, Golden Olive Pigment on lid, Beautyburst in crease, Vanilla to highlight, Graphic Brown to line.

7. Rose Gold Pigment on lid, Casa Blanca on inner lid, Goldmine on middle of lid, Beautyburst on outer lid & crease, Ricepaper above crease & on brow, Goldmine on lower lash line, Graphblack Technakohl on lower lash line. Ambering Rose Blush.

yay! you found something! i was lol, when I saw that you posted in this thread again. I thought you were gonna say you just threw the shadow out.

Even after finding this stupid list.. i still want to throw it out. ... lol Nothing catches my eye. Oooohhhh POOP>>> I hate that color.

anh,what about using it with some white(just like a degradèe),black,brown,pink or terracota?

It's gonna be really charming!

It looks like the crease color used in the Summer Makeup Forever look - a smokey evergreen lid, rust in the crease. Very beautiful on the model. I did a variety of this look myself with other stuff.

Those warm pinky or coraly brown tones actually are awesome crease colors - very fleshy and they usually make your eye color just sing. They look great paired with opposing brights, too - in this case, greens, blues and perhaps even some purples - like a clear, bright, shimmer alexandrite purple. Nars had a look in his book that used an intense light to medium purple paired with a rich rust - very stunning. I've worn that one, too.

hth -

-b.

I think beautburst can look harsh and "bruise"-ish if you're fair, and you have to be careful what you pair it with, to not give yourself a blackeye.

Personally, yes this has been a crease color for me, but on my NC30 skin it makes a decent all over wash for school.

I like to use this one when I do smokey browns too, I'll admit I've had a hard time pairing it with others but brown.

I did to a setup with Sunpepper (pink copper) and beauty burst and it looked great, you'd most defenately have to stick in the warm shades when pairing beautyburst

I always thought it was an ugly color but everyone was saying how they wanted to buy it and i didnt get why. lol

Originally Posted by bmichlig /img/forum/go_quote.gif It looks like the crease color used in the Summer Makeup Forever look - a smokey evergreen lid, rust in the crease. Very beautiful on the model. I did a variety of this look myself with other stuff.
Those warm pinky or coraly brown tones actually are awesome crease colors - very fleshy and they usually make your eye color just sing. They look great paired with opposing brights, too - in this case, greens, blues and perhaps even some purples - like a clear, bright, shimmer alexandrite purple. Nars had a look in his book that used an intense light to medium purple paired with a rich rust - very stunning. I've worn that one, too.

hth -

-b.

Hmm... I'll have to check out the Nars look.. thanks
smile.gif

Well the guy down at the MAC counter was SOOOO nice to take this from me and I ended up exchanging it for Playful - from the Barbie collection. Thank goodness... man, did I hate that color!

Back