Sign in to follow this  
flychick767

Do dents in you car bother you?

I recently put a large dent/scrape on my car which I showed in another post. My hubby wants to spend $1400.00 to fix it. I don't think it is worth it. I would rather use the money for other things. Since it is my car, and I was the one who put the dent in it, then I think it should be my choice. Hubby just thinks it looks bad.

It doesn't bother me. lol.

My brother borrowed my car and was driving my car on the interstate and the front left tire exploded, causing some superficial damage to my car. I just drive it around the way it is! lol. wink.gif

YES! I hate it when people are careless and open their doors and hit my car! I spent money on my baby and darn it... be effin careful around it (look at my profile to see my ride, and you'll understand).

Some people are just so inconsiderate for other people's property. They force me to park far and walk... and even then they still manage to do something to my car (Once, I was driving and the neighbors kid threw a rock at my car... lets say that small rock and their undiciplined kid cost them over $500).

I have a guy who fixes my dent for me. Its $50 a dent or $100 dollars for a panel plus labor.

really bothers me, tho haven't got a car but my mum does(I picked it out)....and I simply can't understand why people can't open their doors carefully *lol* well well what to do...guess nothing

It doesnt really matter as long as you are okay with it dont waste the money. Who cares what everyone else thinks! Tell the hubby to shut up. J/K..unless you want to. smile.gif

They dont bother me anymore, but they used to. After having my van beat up at walmart, no matter where i parked, i just said screw it. But it is sad that i pay 400.00 a month for a vehicle that someone that I dont know gets to beat up for me.

I wouldn't care either if I had a dent, but the way people are in this city, I would be looked at as well kinda bad, I don't know the right word. So under the pressure I would eventually get it fixed, but I'd wait til I really had the $ and I wasn't lacking any wants.

Ohhhh I hate those!!! But I wouldn't spend that kind of money either!! Sounds kind of bad though.. Our daughter got backed into at the university.... Got some insurance money but bought a dent puller (suction cup thingy) and a little kit called a ding king or something like that.. At Pep Boys or Advanced or Walmart.. Can't remember... The Ding King uses a hot glue gun and it pops out little dings pretty good...

Then a little polish or finish restorer and close enough.

Love Karren

Depends on the car. If it is my old beater...no. But if it is a car I really cared about or spent a ton of $$$$ on Yes. I usually drive the inventory from my BF's car lot, so I have to be careful.

I don't have any dents in my truck (thank god) but i have scratched that bad boy up a few times and yeah it's my fault because i had no business picking out such a huge truck, but i hate those markings on it. It makes it look like crap! rotfl.gif

I don't like dents either, but hubby hates them even more than I do.

A dent here and there, when I owned a car, never bothered me---but a LOT of dents would have. Anyway, this isn't the point;what matters is what matters most to YOU. Since it is your car, I agree with you, it should be your choice whether or not the dent be repaired,not your husband's.I take it he is rarely if ever the one using the car/seen in it at all? Then I don't understand at all how it's his concern that overrides yours, especially in the form of spending so much money you would far prefer saving to spend in other ways that are more important to you. Even if,for instance,your husband bought you the car as a gift--once you give a gift, its fate become that of who you give it to, and if you bought the car yourself--well,it's your's.

It may of course be more complicated than that, but that is what I can read from it.

The best of luck working things out with your husband; it sounds like it can be painlessly resolved!

I just got a brand new car this February, and within 2 months... there was a little dent, like a crease, in my backseat door from some f*cker in a parking lot opening their door next to mine. It's still there, and it pisses me off every time I see it... but I have no money to get it fixed frown.gif

It would bother me especially because I work hard to make those darn car payments. Hard to sell a car with dents and scratches on it.

YES!!! we already have a little dent from someone's door on our door! the truck is only a month old, dang it!! everytime i see that dent i see the resale value going down the drain... plus it seems really noticeable to me a little dent on a shiny red truck.

Dents used to bother but not so much now. Maybe when I get a new car...whenever that is. I'm driving around with a dent in my car.

In March, I got my car out of the shop on a Friday (somebody rear-ended me) and on the following Sunday, some kid lost control of his scooter and hit my car! I swear this thing is a target!! I'm in no rush to get it fixed either.

IMG_0147.jpg

Someone dented my car, while it was parked at work. (the restaurant) It is barely noticeable, but it does bother me. Well... lately I have kinda forgotten about it, because it is SO tiny... but it does suck how people are just not careful at all.

my previous cars didnt' bother me because they were rusty anyways. but, i just purchased a 2007 mazda 3 two days ago. and, if it gets a dent, i'll cry!