Making skin "glow" with MMU?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a few year MMU convert with pale skin. While make up makes my face look better, with it on, I look much more lifeless than without. Bronzer, to make my skin brighter does not do the trick -- it makes me look dirty, and I can't think of anything else that could give my skin a fresher, more radiant look, with mineral make up. Blush is okay, but doesn't give my whole face that glow I am looking for. It's easy without make up, or with liquid make up, but with MMU, my options are pretty limited. Any suggestions?

Yes, sounds like you need an illuminating/glow powder. Some nice ones are J Lynne's Luminous Collection, Lumiere's AOFC, EDM Light Pink blush, Val's Satin Sun and/or Centerfold, Monave Glow.

Yep, Ruby2 pretty much covered the bases. Many of the companies have gorgeous glows that impart a tiny bit of color and a less matte look.

I second all the previous recommendations. Check out the mineral websites sticky thread to find the companies' official sites and do further browsing!

Additionally, check out this indispensible thread by Hoozey: Glow Report - she really goes through several of them, and includes swatches! Also, though I haven't tried it myself, if you want glow in your foundation, Lumiere's Luminess formula is supposed to be the same/similar to BE's famous glow. I personally also really like Aromaleigh's finishing powders (like Meow's glow powder that you add on top of your foundation for a controllable level of glow). Not only can you control how much you put on, but they have subtle to more obvious formulas (Illuminator being the subtle, Luminesce Divine & Divine Radiance being inbetween, and Perle's being more obvious.)

So that gives you several options to get you started - happy hunting!
smile.gif

Just an FYI but Cat Cosmetics has a special going. When you purchase one of their "Oscar Glow" powders you can choose a free lip gloss. I think it's on till the end of the month.

Thank you, ladies! In a pinch, I think I'll go pick up some DS illuminating powder from PF which got some nice reviews. I did try some bronzer sparingly for today which worked pretty well...which is surprising. Thanks again!

I had the same problem and I bought Bonnebells blend n glow and it worked awesome for me and it is SO cheap.

Originally Posted by LovesJim /img/forum/go_quote.gif I had the same problem and I bought Bonnebells blend n glow and it worked awesome for me and it is SO cheap. That's true - before I started into MMU, this was one of the few bronzers that didn't overpower my pale complextion. Good rec!
thumbsup2.gif

I purchased a blush from EM called "snooze". It was much paler and sparklier than I expected so I tried lightly dusting it all over my face and it definitely brightened my skin
smile.gif

I also have Meow's Cat Glow and it's really nice. It's white, but it just gives you a soft translucent glow wherever you put it. You only need a tiny bit though... a little goes a long way!
smile.gif

I agree with others regarding glows. Will say if you put on to much bronzer it does make us look dirty, so you may want to try less bronzer~~good luck

Originally Posted by ruby2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, sounds like you need an illuminating/glow powder. Some nice ones are J Lynne's Luminous Collection, Lumiere's AOFC, EDM Light Pink blush, Val's Satin Sun and/or Centerfold, Monave Glow. She got it all covered. I agreee.
glasses.gif

Try mixing a creamy gold or gold/silver/white mica with you favourite facial moisturiser. 2/3 moisturiser to 1/3 mica. This will give your skin a gorgeous dewy look, almost candle lit glow. Or you may prefer a pale pink mica, it all depends on what suits your skin tone

You should try MAD Minerals Satin Glow, very fine powder that gives you a glowy look, i love putting this stuff on my temples and cheekbones. MAD's Flash Glow is pretty good too, but MORE glowy, and neither have any chunky bits of glitter/shimmer
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by ruby2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, sounds like you need an illuminating/glow powder. Some nice ones are J Lynne's Luminous Collection, Lumiere's AOFC, EDM Light Pink blush, Val's Satin Sun and/or Centerfold, Monave Glow. I have the same issue relating to getting some glow to my skin. For lighter skin (NC20), which Lumiere AOFC would you recommend?
Thanks!

Originally Posted by maryfitz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have the same issue relating to getting some glow to my skin. For lighter skin (NC20), which Lumiere AOFC would you recommend?
Thanks!

You can try ALL of their AOC, but my personal fave is Natural Radiance. If you want pinkish glow however (like BE Clear Radiance) you might like Soft Radiance or Baby Face.

Back