Did you know that...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You can tone with your favorite oil? Your fave oil can turn into not only a moisturizer but also a toner. But I have to warn you, you may cry at the amount of dirt that will come out of your skin. First wash your face then tone. Moisturizing is now optional! The amount of oil used is up to you but I find smaller is better. I use grapeseed oil sometimes to tone or coconut oil! feel free to post your results. Its been working for me and I love doing this at night or when I am lazying around at home.

Originally Posted by jhjodec9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i think i should start toning now. what other oils can i use? Jojoba, almond..you name it. Avocado oil!

Originally Posted by mayyami /img/forum/go_quote.gif oils?? doesn't it make your skin feel oily after... like the residue? Thats what I thought too at first but then I tried it. Thats why using a small amount of oil is advisable because a small amount goes a long way. If you find it too oily, use a cotton bud and in a circular motion wipe your skin gently. and voila!

sounds intriguing
wassatt.gif

Well i usually add a few drops of Jojoba to my Organic Moisturizer after i cleanse so i guess i'm already toning
smile.gif
Works awesome for me.

I recently bought jojoba oil and have used it as a moisturizer. How exactly do you use it as a toner? When I put some on a cotton pad, the pad fell apart so it made it difficult to wipe my face with it. Please share your method!
smile.gif

coconuit oil is suppoed to block pores more than som eother oil .. i read it from the internet somewhere on some medical sites

How i do mine is, I put the cotton ball over the top of the bottle and tip it upside down. I get the right amount without it being too much. I dont know why your CB fell apart. maybe use a chunkier piece?

I like to use olive oil, which is very healing so great if you have any sunburns, or kukui oil which is featherlight in texture and my favorite choice for combination skin.

Hi Empericalbeauty, I use a UK brand called Kucci Kukui. They come in beautiful little red bottles, and I have the plain version and the one with mandarin.

While coconut oil is a natural oil, it is comedogenic (acne causing) for individuals that are acne prone.

Shar

Your one of the luckier ones. It has helped you
smile.gif
Not everyones who has acne skin is sensitive to the comedogenic (acne causing) ingrediients in skin care lines and cosmetics lines. What heals one persons skin breaks out another one. No offense please I was just making a comment.

Shar

Hhhmmmm...oil as a toner?? Sounds interesting, but it just seems like too much oil. Are you still doing the OCM at the same time?

Back