Do you guys think it's ok to mix-n-match your skincare lines?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been using Cetaphil Cleanser and Lotion, but I wanted to get some of Paula's Choice 2% BHA to clear up some of my blemishes. Do you think that there will be a problem mixing the two brands?

not at all........nothing states you have to use the same line start to finish.....I don't!

Theres really no harm at all, the real reason why you may be told to use the same brand is just to get you to buy more of their products and stay loyal

But in reality, products don't necessarily work better or more effectively if you choose the same brand.

I always mix my lines. I just use whatever works for me regardless of who makes it.

if it works, then use it. no matter what brand it is.

my daily skincare routien has several different brands in it.

nothing is wrong with it.

agreed. Most of my products are clarins but I don't use them exclusively. I also think it's good to mix them up a little bit. IMO, they seem to be like hair stuff, they stop working as well unless you mix them up with other brands..

I always mix and match my products. That way, for each step of my skin-care routine, I have the product which works best for me.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I always mix my lines. I just use whatever works for me regardless of who makes it. me too !

I mix everything. I use mario badescu cleanser, and oil of olay exfoliator, a body shop toner, and a neutrogena moisturizer.

shoot, all of my products are different---Neutrogena cleanser, Clinique eye cream, Olay and Mary Kay moisturizers.....like everybody else said do what works for you
smile.gif

Agreed with everyone. I used strictly Clinique for years, later I got tired and changed everything to Lancome, now I find myself using the Clinique toner that I love the night Lancome moisturizer and eye cream and a bunch of other things I got from other brands. I like the mix and match
wink.gif

I used to think mixing different brands wasn't good. But I find that I usually only like a few things from one brand and a few things from another. So whichever works from whatever brand is better than limiting yourself to just one.

Originally Posted by dentaldee /img/forum/go_quote.gif not at all........nothing states you have to use the same line start to finish.....I don't! I agree with the above -!!!
keule.gif
A- lot!

Back