Do you guys think it's ok to mix-n-match your skincare lines?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by usersassychick0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Theres really no harm at all, the real reason why you may be told to use the same brand is just to get you to buy more of their products and stay loyalBut in reality, products don't necessarily work better or more effectively if you choose the same brand.

Exactly. These companies tell you that to get the full benefits of their products you must use the entire line. It's just not true though, they say it because they want your money.
I use different brands for my skin care because I've found things that work well for me from different companies. I don't need the matching moisturizer that goes with my cleanser because I found a moisturizer from a different company that works better for me....

my regime is all over the place. sure, i think it's perfectly fine to mix and match products from different lines. you've just got to know your skin and go for what works for you!

cleanser - aveeno, olay

exfoliants - stridex, st. ives, derma e, dermalogica

masks - queen helene, dermalogica, origins

moisturizers - sundari, aveeno

treatments - dermalogica, creative esthetics

I do this a lot because its easier to figure out which profuct/brand makes me feel there is something wrong.

Also my skin type is tricky, I need to use perscribed gel/lotions.

I guess most of people mixed their makeup lines.

I always mix and match mine. I mean, some stuff just works better on you than other stuff a specific brand might have.

BUT BE CAREFUL! One time I used a cleanser I bought at Target before using a treatment and I thought nothing was going to happen, But due to the ingredients, I got a huge rash all over my face. Super bright red! It felt like my face was on fire!!!! After much crying and pouring cold water over me, I discovered that it said "Recommended before" or "after." Sometimes things mght have strong ingredients and thats why they recommend certain things to use with from their line. I would suggest experimenting on the back of your ear in case something happens. I learned my lesson the hard way
frown.gif

I have been mixing and matching since I can remember. My routine right now is Biore cleanser or Olay cleanser with vitamin E, Clearasil pimple cream on my forehead and occasionally the chin, and then Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion. Clinique is my HG moisturizer, i'm so mad that I have only recently discovered how awesome it is.

I think it would be perfectly fine. All the skincare products I've recently starting using are from different brands and my skin has never looked better.

Back