MAC Cosmetics and Emanuel Ungaro collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MAC Cosmetics and Emanuel Ungaro will launch a cobranded, limited edition makeup line this October. Comprising eight to 12 products, it's inspired by the colors and textures concocted for Wednesday's show. Makeup artist Sharon Dowsett, working with MAC, took newbie designer Esteban Cortazar's lead for the look. "Esteban gave me very great inspiration," she said, using words such as "organic" and "pebble." "I went a bit further along that path and went to see Monet's water lilies at the Orangerie." MAC has had only one other color cosmetics-designer tie-in to date; last year, it produced a limited edition makeup collection with Alexander McQueen, which hit counters in fall 2007.

Source

Emanuel Ungaro is a designer of haute couture and prêt-à-porter.

I hope this collection is a lot more interesting than Fafi which I thought was mediocre and uninspired.
smile.gif

if its like theyre steve mcqueen collaboration, then i must say the whole working with high-end designers is a great idea.

I love the idea of MAC working with high end luxury designer. More appealing to me than Fafi, and dare I say even Heatherette.

Hi:

Thanks for the post Marisol. I'll be looking forward to this collection.

I REALLY hope it comes in a pretty package! I really really hope.

I am sad that it was inspired by the new cllection- and not the collections Ungaro was most famous for- 80's crazy geometric assymetrical shoulder pad suits!!! Because that would translate into some kick ass packaging.

New info on this collection:

MAC for Ungaro Collection

25 SEP 2008 [uS/Canada]

UNK 2008 [international]

To be available at the following locations:

North America - Bendels, Bloomingdales, Gibbons, MAC Stores, Nordstrom, Saks, maccosmetics.com

International - All locations (excluding China, Indonesia, and The Phillipines)

Colour story details are as follows:

Lipstick - $14.00 USD

* Pure Rose - Pastel pink with white pearlized pigments (Lustre) LE

* Freckletone (Permanent)

Lipglass - $14.00USD

* Pastel Emotion - Pastel pink with white pearlized pigments (Frost) LE

See Thru Lip Colour $14.00USD

* Not So Shy! - Jewel tone berry stain (LE) (Repromote from See Thru Colour)

Eyeshadow - $14.50USD

* Soft Flower - Mid-tone coral (Matte) LE

* Lilac Touch - Mid-tone violet (Satin) LE. In the working names section it stated that 'Lilac Touch' is a working name and 'Memorabilia' is the final name. I believe that it is the other way around, but we will have to wait and see! Be aware that Lilac Touch may be released as Memorabilia!

* Mineral - Deep, cool brown (Satin) LE

Paint Pot - $16.50USD

* Essential Beige - Light metallic beige (Frost) LE

Cream Colour Base (neither are eye safe) - $16.50USD

* Fresh Morning - Soft muted pastel pink (Cream) LE

* Crushed Bougainvillea - Jewel tone berry stain (Cream) LE

Beauty Powder - $22.00USD

* Flower Mist Dew - Brightening pink (LE)

Technakohl Liner - $14.50USD

* Auto-de-blu - Ocean blue with frost (Permanent)

Brow Set - $12.50USD

* Mink - Brown (LE) (Repromote from Icon: Catherine Deneuve)

Mascara - $12.00USD

* Zoom Lash in Lofty Brown - Ultra-rich blackened coco-brown (Permanent)

SOURCE

The paint pot might be pretty... nothing really intrests me though. Thanks for posting.

Back