Sign in to follow this  
shandam323

MAC Pigments

I'm really stressed about MAC pigments right now. I keep seeing all these beautiful pictures of eye make up and everyone is using MAC pigments but they are soo expensive I would like to find something that works just as good for half the price or should I just give up and buy the MAC? any suggestions?

I would recommend u to buy samples instead of full jars...

because full jars last practically forever (unless u are a makeup artiste...)....

and not to mention full jars are more expensive than samples. With the price of a full jar, u can buy a few samples of different pigments.

hths

I agree, buy a bunch of samples. Or you can try out L'Oreal or NYX pigments too. Those brands have some MAC dupes.

No. Dont give up on MAc Pigment. They are amazing and you will never be dissapointed,. SAmples is a great way to start. you try a color you really like then you can get a full size later and not worry it wont be used

Originally Posted by KristieTX View Post
I agree, buy a bunch of samples. Or you can try out L'Oreal or NYX pigments too. Those brands have some MAC dupes.
Originally Posted by Insensitive. View Post
Also Mineral Makeup pigments, usually cost about 5 dollars for a 5 gram jar, and they also have more colors and beautiful pigmentation

index

MAD Natural Bare Minerals Makeup Beauty Cosmetics

Mineral Makeup, cosmetic pigments, home of About Face Cosmetics

I agree that buying mineral eyeshadows, NYX or L'Oreal HIP pigments are excellent options. I make my own mineral eyeshadows and they're so cheap!!! smile.gif

Take a look at Medusa's Make Up (just google the name)

Their Eye Dusts are reasonably priced, IMO. And they are seriously as nice a quality as MAC.

I purchased the entire Eye Dust collection of 48 colors - and I LOVE it!!

The fall-out is zero to minimal. The pigmentation is to die for - color payoff is unbelievably fantastic! They go on great, blend great, and last all day & all night (on me anyway! I can sleep in them & they still look like i just applied them! That's with a good base of course! LOL)

I have a video on YouTube of all the color swatches and a video comparing them with similar colored MAC pigments (swatches). (My user name is TwixtBetwixt on YouTube, so just look me up - since I cannot post links here yet!)

Any questions, just ask =)

Originally Posted by marinasmith View Post
Buy samples. I got a ton of them at thebodyneeds mac pigment samples lip balm

It's a great way to have a nice color selection and not spend so much money and they last at least 10 to 15 applications.

I have 3 full jars that will take me ten years to go through.

Oh thanks for posting that! I bookmarked it.

And if anyone else has a reputable place to get samples I would appreciate a link. smile.gif

Originally Posted by iLOVEcolors View Post
I use NYX Pearl Mania. I have all 24 colors. I am tempted to buy MAC but I just rather save the money and buy something else.
I also have the entire set of NYX pigments and I prefer them to MAC pigments. The color and pigmentation is just as good and I found the texture a little easier to work with. Plus, with shipping and everything, the whole set was just over thirty bucks...which is the cost of two MAC pigments.

I was also really impressed with the Loreal HIP Pigments.

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail View Post
I also have the entire set of NYX pigments and I prefer them to MAC pigments. The color and pigmentation is just as good and I found the texture a little easier to work with. Plus, with shipping and everything, the whole set was just over thirty bucks...which is the cost of two MAC pigments.

I was also really impressed with the Loreal HIP Pigments.

Yeah so pretty much is a stinkin' good deal. I haven't tried Loreal HIP Pigments yet but I want to. I heard it's good =].