Anyone disappointed with Sonia Kashuk brushes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
I was actually quite excited about them at first. Now that I have had them for a bit, I am getting more and more disappointed in them. I noticed that they are not as dense as they could be. The bristles aren't holding their shape as well as some of my other brushes, and they are starting to not apply product as well. And I am not tough on my brushes! I have the kind with the white handle. I have some $4.99 Fashion Secrets brushes from Sally Beauty that actually seem much better quality.

I've had my SK brushes for two years, and they are still as great as they were when I first bought them.

For the price they are great.

I have all MAC brushes now, and obviously I love those. SK is still so good though... I love her blending brush.

I bought my first one yesterday, and of course didn't expect it to be as nice as my MAC brushes, but it blends pretty well. I'm happy with it, but I guess I have to wait a little long to see how it holds up.

i love my sonia kashuk brushes. i buy them in the metallic green/silver type which are a bit pricier but in my opinion far superior in quality. you might want to invest the extra $5-$7 and buy the higher end sonia kashuk because i find that those brushes are soft, dense, and have kept their shape really well.

I have the white handled SK brushes and love them. I haven't had any problems with them, they have held up well over the 3 years I've had them and apply eye makeup beautifully.

I have a few of the white handled SK brushes and never experienced problems with them.

I don't have any MAC brushes to compare them to, but I bought the breast cancer set which is white handles and I love them so much I got a back up set. I really only have SK brushes. Once I got them I quit using all others. I do however have 2 Flirt! Duo fibre brushes and prefer them when applying blush.

Hi,

I've used the lavendar handle brushes of Sonia's for about 3 years. I haven't had a problem with them.

I like mines so far. They were kinda harsh at first, but with more and more washings they're softer. Not MAC or Shu brushes soft, but softer...

Another Target brand I really like is the Studio Tools brushes. Now they are SSSSSSOOOOOFFFFFTTTTTT and cost like $2... However if u want a firm brush these are not for you

i have the white-handled ones and i LOVE them! i always reach for them. i've had them for years. i also have high-end ones, too.

I've had the white-handled ones for 2 or 3 years, and I like them.

Mine shed quite a bit. I really like the face brushes, but the eye brushes I have are a little scratchy, especially compared to my Stila ones.

i have the white handled ones, and i FREAKIN HATEEEEEEE THE BLENDING BRUSH! I ended up shelling out 22.50 for the MAC 217 (i believe) bcuz i couldnt blend sh*t with the sonia k brush! The bristles on that brush were all seperated and only used it about 5-10 times! The eyeshadow brushes with the white handle i actually really like though!

Originally Posted by amanda1210 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have the white handled ones, and i FREAKIN HATEEEEEEE THE BLENDING BRUSH! I ended up shelling out 22.50 for the MAC 217 (i believe) bcuz i couldnt blend sh*t with the sonia k brush! The bristles on that brush were all seperated and only used it about 5-10 times! The eyeshadow brushes with the white handle i actually really like though! Maybe there is inconsistency in quality then, because I have eyeshadow brushes and they don't blend well and the bristles have begun separating.
kopfkratz.gif

I think I know wt you mean IC...I have the white handle blending brush and it isnt soft and they are separating already! and ive only used it about 2 times! I'm starting to think it was used then returned or sumptin' but i have found that the studio brushes are pretty good brushes{from target} and alot cheaper.

I have 2 white handled SK face brushes and love them. I also picked up a eyeshadow fluff brush recently, and didn't like it so much. Maybe the e/s brushes aren't as nice as the face ones?

yea i stick to the face brushes, i think the eyeshadow brushes aren't dense enough and aren't shaped right.

I have a few SK brushes for the eyes and I like them just fine. These are the white handled brushes as well.

Back