Doc Martins Rant... Grrr

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am so PO'd right now. I went out and bought a new pair of Doc's for work. I had a pair in HS from junior year until I was 22. They were the most comfortable shoes and lasted forever!!! Well I have been wearing the new pair for about a month now and the sole is ripping from the shoe. WTF???? I am so disappointed. So I was explaining my shoe dilemma to a coworker who told me they don't make them in England anymore. They sold out to a country (dont want to offend anyone so i wont say wich country) that makes them for a way cheaper price and the shoe is just a cheap piece of crap now. Although they still hit you for the original shoes high price. These new Doc's aren't even worth $5 IMO!!! GRRRR. Why mess with a good thing. I miss my Doc's that were made in Engalnd!!!!

They were made in another country a long time ago. I think when grunge hit it made them so popular that the brand turned into crap. Too bad. I wear Blundstones now and like them better in a way. No laces and water resistant if I take care of them properly. And I have had one pair resoled about three times and its still not worn out.

Otherwise there is John Fluevog Angelsoles but I havent forgiven them for getting rid of my size at their main store and then refusing to transfer my size from another store. They told me to order it online. Why should I pay shipping for something that I am supposed to be able to get in my hometown? They may have my size now but I love my Blundstones too much.

It's pretty sad that things don't last like they used to because of outsourcing to reduce labor and other manufacturing costs.

Originally Posted by squirl-nutkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif They were made in another country a long time ago. I think when grunge hit it made them so popular that the brand turned into crap. Too bad. I wear Blundstones now and like them better in a way. No laces and water resistant if I take care of them properly. And I have had one pair resoled about three times and its still not worn out.
Otherwise there is John Fluevog Angelsoles but I havent forgiven them for getting rid of my size at their main store and then refusing to transfer my size from another store. They told me to order it online. Why should I pay shipping for something that I am supposed to be able to get in my hometown? They may have my size now but I love my Blundstones too much.

thanks for the info

Originally Posted by ColdDayInHell /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's pretty sad that things don't last like they used to because of outsourcing to reduce labor and other manufacturing costs. ITA.....i want my original Doc's from England back....boo hoo
scared.gif

Originally Posted by love2482 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's too bad! They used to last forever. I know!!!! I had my first pair for 5 years!!!

scared.gif
i got my first pair and it's true they were so great, they last me five years, and i still have them for outings in the forest, something like that. but my second pair...another story, less quality leather, and for the sole, well, let's just say i'm waiting the return of the sunny days to throw it away. i am soo disappointed.

i found this website, it sells boots from brands like grinders and gripfast, and they're really close to the doc martens (but of course, they are still produced in England).

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
scared.gif
i got my first pair and it's true they were so great, they last me five years, and i still have them for outings in the forest, something like that. but my second pair...another story, less quality leather, and for the sole, well, let's just say i'm waiting the return of the sunny days to throw it away. i am soo disappointed. i found this website, it sells boots from brands like grinders and gripfast, and they're really close to the doc martens (but of course, they are still produced in England).

So you feel my pain? I miss the good quality. If I knew when I bought them I would not have purchased them
frown.gif
I am going to go check out the sites you recommended. Thanks hun
smile.gif

np !

you know what ? i even told my best friend the shoes were great, we went together at the store, she spooted a nice pair, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to buy the shoes or not, and she finally got them. now i feel like i have lied to her. i can only hope the shoes are of better quality than the boots.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif np !you know what ? i even told my best friend the shoes were great, we went together at the store, she spooted a nice pair, and she wasn't sure if she wanted to buy the shoes or not, and she finally got them. now i feel like i have lied to her. i can only hope the shoes are of better quality than the boots.

Why are their boots poor quality? I saw the shoes on the site you gave me and they look like docks and just as expensive

Where did you buy them from? They have an awsome return on them, no matter where they come from. They have a lifetime sole guarantee. Take them back. I did that with mine. No receipt either. No questions asked, and it had been more than six months. I still have my first pair from HS, those wore like iron. I love my docs. I also have a pair of doc sandles I couldn't live without.

Originally Posted by akathegnat /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where did you buy them from? They have an awsome return on them, no matter where they come from. They have a lifetime sole guarantee. Take them back. I did that with mine. No receipt either. No questions asked, and it had been more than six months. I still have my first pair from HS, those wore like iron. I love my docs. I also have a pair of doc sandles I couldn't live without. I got them at a store called Journeys and they said i cant return them because theyre worn
frown.gif

Why dont you try contacting the company directly and tell them what happened?

That is what is happening with a lot of other companies too.Cole Han is another one.Shame

I had mine for 5+ years (my 3 original pairs, which I *think* are made in England) and I love mine to death.

I would contact the company then. Journeys should of exchanged them at least, even though you wore them. What a pain in the rump! Pay that much, you expect a little customer service at least.

My spouse got a pair of Boots at a Army supply place. You dont have to be in the military to go to that store. Well the boots my spouse got were about 300$. But he said its one of the best boots out there, and it is used by US special forces...u name it. And its made in the USA, extremely high quality, water proof.

that is such a shame. I'm sorry Jess
frown.gif
I agree that journeys should have returned them, they were a faulty item!

not good enough!

hope you find a better brand for next time!

Originally Posted by Jessica /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why are their boots poor quality? I saw the shoes on the site you gave me and they look like docks and just as expensive i was talking about the docs, not that they're really of a poor quality, just that they used to be better.yeah, i know, they're just as expensive, at least they're still made in England :/. i'm trying to find a cheaper pair but so far, i haven't found anything.

Docs used to last forever. I have a lot of old docs but not any new ones. That sucks the quality is done. They will return them no ?'s asked and give you new ones... You think you just got a bad pair?

Back