How do I style my hair this way?? scene hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have never EVER been good with styling my hair straight. I can straighten it, no problem. But it always just looks blah, because I just have my part straight going all the way back. It would be nice to do a zigzag part, but I don't even know how to do that.

This is the only thing I can get my hair to do straight:

l_efbee62df4a2eb8d5336479a2b54a9b2.png

Anyway, I have long bangs and I want them to hang to the side, over one eye. And I want my part to be cool. I don't know how to use my brush or whatever to get this aawesome look. Like, I can get my hair to hang over my eyes.. but straight down over them... not sideswept. I want to know how to style my hair like this! Here are pix of what I want.

Attachment 39960 Attachment 39961 Attachment 39962 Attachment 39963

you need to back comb it, and spray it. I couldn't say more than that because I'm not great at hair either
smile.gif

that hair is kind of cool and groovy but I think I'm getting too old to have hair like that
frown.gif
especially since i work in an office, lol

oh, just to add - you can buy special combs that will give you a zig-zag part from chemists or hair accessory type shops
smile.gif

I love hair like that too, but i need to be able to pull my hair out of my face when i working on sets and stuff. All the choppy bangs would dive me nuts! LOL i dont know how you would do it ither. I do know you need to get some layers choped in your hair and back comb and spray the hell out of it. Good luck!!!!

You need to cut your hair in layers, and it needs to be done with a razor, or one of these special layering scissors, i used to have that haircut, its pretty easy to do, but hard to explain how, here's some pics of me with the haircut, i just didnt style it that funky as it shows on your pics
smile.gif
i have two layers that i did on mine, but you can get more than one.

pm2.jpg

pm1.jpg

P3236741.jpg

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif You need to cut your hair in layers, and it needs to be done with a razor, or one of these special layering scissors, i used to have that haircut, its pretty easy to do, but hard to explain how, here's some pics of me with the haircut, i just didnt style it that funky as it shows on your pics
smile.gif
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ctures/pm2.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ctures/pm1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...s/P3236741.jpg

your hair is preeeeety !!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif your hair is preeeeety !!!!!!
biggrin.gif
Thank you Aprill!
biggrin.gif

Love the layers and the color, Nuri! I'm so envious because I have very stubborn hair that I've long given up on.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ColdDayInHell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Love the layers and the color, Nuri! I'm so envious because I have very stubborn hair that I've long given up on.
smile.gif
Aww thank you very much
smile.gif
My hair is very stubborn too, but when i use a flat iron on it, it looks nice and smooth and manageable, the way that is not! LOL

I used to use a hair glue stick. I forgot the brand but it's in a brown container.

With hair like those in the pictures, you really need to get razored layers cut into your hair. Also, back combing does help like others said. With the bangs, those def. need to be more choppy than what you have. When people have trouble keeping their bangs where they want, I normally tell them that they can back comb them and they will usually lay the way you want as you place them in position after you back comb it. I hope that didn't confuse you??

Originally Posted by Stylist101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif With hair like those in the pictures, you really need to get razored layers cut into your hair. Also, back combing does help like others said. With the bangs, those def. need to be more choppy than what you have. When people have trouble keeping their bangs where they want, I normally tell them that they can back comb them and they will usually lay the way you want as you place them in position after you back comb it. I hope that didn't confuse you?? Yeah you really need to get your hair cut with a razor, a hairdresser will know what you're on about! Also, if you want a bit of an edgy look, spray hairspray onto your hands, clap them together, and scrunch it into your hair. It sounds weird but I know some girls who swear by it!

take the pictures into your hairdresser and get them to cut loads of layers into it. and i think it would look pretty funky if you got blonde flashes put through it so it'd show through kinda like the second picture.

When you're styling it whack in loads of volumising mousse and then blowdry it upside down using a paddel brush to get it straight, back comb and tease the hell outta it.

i LOVE hair like that and wish i'd been more creative at like 17/18 cos now i'm 23 and a bit too old for it
frown.gif

I just got my hair cut like this. I LOVE it!!! Theres soooo many different ways you can style it too. Take pics to your stylist... You'll probably get side swept bangs, short layers on top and tapered around your face.

I have that exact haircut. You definitely do have to have a stylist cut layered side-swept bangs to get that style. I'm 32 and have my hair this way, so you ladies that are saying you are too old definitely are NOT. LOL

Okay ladies.... here's my new do. I'm still having problems getting the back to do right. Any more suggestions =]

l_71724918c6a4a4ba87b8e316ce52a1bf.png

l_9bdb6193235a09d97f5021a9015cec78.png

l_9cc133d67cfb298608d20517d82e2f95.png

Originally Posted by daer0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif You need to cut your hair in layers, and it needs to be done with a razor, or one of these special layering scissors, i used to have that haircut, its pretty easy to do, but hard to explain how, here's some pics of me with the haircut, i just didnt style it that funky as it shows on your pics
smile.gif
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ctures/pm2.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ctures/pm1.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...s/P3236741.jpg

Your side fringe looks perfect in those pictures!
smile.gif

Back