What is the quality like on Sephora brand cosmetics?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

internetchick

Beauty Blogger
Reaction score
I did a search here, but most of the results were old and I was hoping someone might have some insight as to how the product quality is now.

I have a few brushes (Crease, Round Crease and a big and stiff brush for e/s that I can't remember the name). They're all great!

I laso have an e/s duo that is ok. One of the shadows is creamy and the other one is pressed powder. I really like that one. The creamy e/s sucks tho...

I have only a few sephora brand stuff: a brush, l/g, eyebrow pencil and lip pencil.... and I really like them. I think its a high quality for a good price!

This is one of my favourite brands at Sephora store. I love their lip stuff a lot!! and their liquid and pencil eye liners are very nice too. and their brushes are top quality!! I'm not too too crazy about their eye shadows and blushes, although I still own a few... Anything in particular that you're interested in?

they professional line of brushes (the grey ones) are great. i wanted to buy a crease/blending brush from MAC, but they were out of stock, and one of their MUA told me the sephora one i picked instead was just as good. it's very soft
smile.gif

their lipstuff is okay, i got a few creamy lipsticks, but you have to use a lipliner or you'll find some color on your chin
rotfl.gif

their pencils are great, especially the big ones for the eyes. they glide and are well pigmented. i am totally statisfied with my lipliners.

their eyeshadows are good, decently pigmented, for the price but the ones i have can't compare to MAC, UD or any other similar brand in terms of color payoff.

the only stuff you have to stay away from are the nail polishes. they're good but when you reach half of the bottle, it becomes sticky and you can't get much product on the brush. it's also harder to apply uniformly a coat of polish on one nail for that reason.

I was mostly interested in eye and lip products. I have acne prone skin, so I prefer mineral products for anywhere I can get clogged pores.

I've heard wonders about the sephora brand cosmetics but i live in England and we don't have it, nor can we order online
frown.gif

I have some of their liquid liners and I like them. Try searching the Review Center. You may find some info there.

my sister bought some of sephora's lipliners or lip pencils

she likes them

I have their makeup brushes and like everyone else said they are amazing! =]

I also have a few blushes and they are highly pigmented and I love em just as much as I love MAC. I like the price.

Sephora's brushes are made by Japonesque btw (they are private labeled)

I love their brushes.

I like their bright lipsticks... incredibly reasonable for colors you won't often wear and are incredibly long lasting and highly pigmented. I like their gloss collections as well.

they have a great color range, and I think that's a good thing if you want to try a color you dont normally wear and don't want to spend a fortune and want to try it on at the store first.

I really, really really like their brushes! Huge rave on those.

I've used some eye pencils and they glide on ridiculously well, but I always find they just as quickly skate right off my face :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've since switched to Make Up For Ever pencils that work 400 times better. They don't glide on as nicely but I guess you can't win them all.

I have a lip pencil as well that I like pretty well. It seems like it's decent quality.

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Sephora's brushes are made by Japonesque btw (they are private labeled)I love their brushes.

I like their bright lipsticks... incredibly reasonable for colors you won't often wear and are incredibly long lasting and highly pigmented. I like their gloss collections as well.

they have a great color range, and I think that's a good thing if you want to try a color you dont normally wear and don't want to spend a fortune and want to try it on at the store first.

i agree with that. i don't usually wear red lipstick so i just bought oen from Sephora, just to see if i could pull it off or not.i didn't know about the brushes.

i forgot about their mascaras. i have those from the Giiirls collection. they're cute and pink, and colored (pink, blue, green and purple, got them for 1€ each), but damn the color only shows when your nose is glued to a mirror. so disappointing if you're looking for color, but otherwise they're good.

I got an eyeshadow compact for Green eyes, and I like it alot, and will buy more when I got back, but the nearest one is 50 miles away!!

their brushes are okay depending on which kind you purchase, but i don't like their eyeshadows or their mascaras.

Their brushes are AWESOME!

Their eyeshadows not so much. They don't blend well for me...
frown.gif

However I don't have issues with ULTA's shadows.

I like their brushes, but recently they've increased in price. I would recommend individual brushes over most sets (especially the travel ones) because those are better quality usually, but the sets are cheaper per brush.

Their lipsticks work alright. Not the best, but decent. I would think the quality is equivalent to the Revlon lip stuff (which is a bit cheaper).

I really don't like the eyeshadows. It's a hit or miss for me (mostly miss) because their shadows tend to be inconsistent in texture. Some are very rich and easy to apply, like this shimmery antique gold, but some of the darker colors disappoint. They don't apply very well. I am liking the matte black so far.

I'm also not a fan of the atomic volume mascara. The bristles on the brush are really big and hard and hurt/irritate my eyes during application.

In short, I think their stuff, with the exception of the brushes, is not much different from the better drugstore brands. They do sometimes have some cooler colors worth checking out, but I would recommend trying it on at the store before buying.

Back