How Do You Post?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you post meaningfully (as in, you take some thought before you write) for just one worded responses?

I know some say thanks or lol just to raise post counts... is ranking really that important? I know many of us are guilty of that, haha.

And I have a feeling I'm going to get a one worded response here.
smile.gif

----

I write meaningfully. That goes for everything. Even IMing or Texting someone. I can't go on saying just one thing... it has to be a freakin' novel.

A teacher assigns us a 10 sentence paragraph and I'll write 20. You see, I'm still writing... haha. Can't. Stop.

I am more like you,I could write forever. Rarely can I sum up anything in just one word.

Unless I am having a verrrrrry off day!

I definitely put some thought into my responses, granted I am guilty of giving one word resposes to some posts but at least I thought about it first lol

lol.

haha I'm kidding, I tend to ramble on a lot, so I usually have to delete a lot of my post before i post it 'cause it sounds ridiculous. I tend to think about what I write first, especially when I'm leaving friends a comment on myspace and stuff.

It depends on the subject. I usually post long on the off topic and rants and short on the jokes and fashion tread. LOL
wink3.gif

LOL.

no seriously, i only say lol if i reply to something in the jokes forum or something like that, but most of the time my replies are meaningful, sometimes im even affraid people are gonna get lazy reading my responses and ignore them cause they are actually quite long sometimes LOL! but id rather be substantial you know, give the reply a meaning not to sound dumb by just saying: lol, yay, ok, good, neat...etc. haha.

no.

hehe. well, when i am in the mood to write i do or if the topic is interesting & appeals to me, i will right a good amount. sometimes im too bored to, so i try to let people at least know they are supported or welcomed even though im not in the mood or am tired of writing. haha.

I definitely put thought before I respond, and sometimes a one-word response is warranted. I'm usually (naturally) pretty succinct though.

And yes, I am on a mission to up my post count
smile.gif

I try to put some thought into my posts.

May I ask a question - do some of my posts display a sharp wit, or am I only half right?
smile.gif

I usually like to write something, and it depends on the thread or question. Most of the time I do write more than one line. I sometimes cannot think of what I can say.

I always think about what I'm going to write and then usually end up writing too much.
smile.gif
There are some forums where everyone's posts start to run together (such as the introduction posts) and I always try to think of something different to say but sometimes it's difficult to be original.

Lately, I've been writing too much... so much so that I think my posts bore people to read them.

depends on the topic. If i feel the need to share more i will..etc

Seriously? How is using the word 'caca' in a post meaningful. Sorry but this makes me laugh.

To answer this post, if I can get my point across in one sentence then I will. But there are times when you need to elaborate.

However, sometimes a LMAO or WTF seems just right.

I usually write more than a few words unless it's really unnecessary. I don't write novels either though. The only time where I really write a lot is if it's in a rant/advice forum or the love and relationships one where a thought out longer answer is sometimes needed to be clearly understood and to have meaningful advice in it.

Back