How Do You Post?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Seriously? How is using the word 'caca' in a post meaningful. Sorry but this makes me laugh.

To answer this post, if I can get my point across in one sentence then I will. But there are times when you need to elaborate.

However, sometimes a LMAO or WTF seems just right.

Caca is a very meaningful word to me. It expresses many inner feelings in a beautiful way.
Quit hating on my caca...

if someone has gone to the effort of posting something for me to comment on, and it's relating to an area that I'm interested in, then I will make the effort to respond with a meaningful answer.

Even if it's just a haul, I try to comment on the items they've bought, or if it's hot-or-not I try to say more than

Hot

Not

I try to give reasons
smile.gif

I don't think I've ever posted one word responses.. maybe like once? or twice out of my whole post count, LOL

Blunt and straightfoward I say how I feel ect ,many dislike it "oh well!"

besides everyone should be used to me by now lol

I like the word Caca Celly we used it as a kid its means poop lol

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Caca is a very meaningful word to me. It expresses many inner feelings in a beautiful way.

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Caca is a very meaningful word to me. It expresses many inner feelings in a beautiful way.

No one is hating. Just responding to the post. I guess that word has different meanings.

I always think through my answer. Or at least I try to beforehand. I only respond to threads where I feel my answer can be helpful or I am truly interested in the thread. If I run across a thread where I can only come up with a one worded reply with nothing to back it up, I normally don't reply.

Originally Posted by KatJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif I always think through my answer. Or at least I try to beforehand. I only respond to threads where I feel my answer can be helpful or I am truly interested in the thread. If I run across a thread where I can only come up with a one worded reply with nothing to back it up, I normally don't reply. I totally agree. I appreciate the people that put a good deal of thought in their response because I know that I do the same for them.

It depends on the topic. Generally, I like to write something with a bit of substance behind it. I think a few word responses are ok in the joke/fashion forums, as I said, it depends on the topic and what I think will be an appropriate response.

I used to post a lot and I tried to put some thought into my posts. I used to post in the games threads to up my post count. A lot of times I find that I get to a thread a little late and someone has already pretty much said what I was going to say, so I don't feel the need to repeat the sentiment. Right before I stopped posting I felt like I was a thread killer! Lots of threads where I was the last to post!

I'm not a very wordy person, generally. I'm a typical "Math" person...short and to the point. lol. But I do try to make meaningful posts.
smile.gif

i think it all depends at what forum i'm looking at. if i feel that i have to elaborate then i will. sometimes all you need is a simple no or yes.

I rarely post one word responses (in fact I think the only time I do is when I'm responding to jokes in the jokes forum, and even then I nomally say "LOL! That's so funny" haha). I always think about what I'm writing before I post. If it's a topic I'm in the know about or I have an opinion on I post quite a bit but if it's something I find interesting but aren't really clued up on I'll just write a sentence or so. I've never posted one word answers to boost my post count. In fact I hardly ever check my post count
tongue.gif

meaningfully, i sometimes take so much time to type one post. i rarely type one word answers.

I type too much sometimes and have to shorten it up. I don't like posting if I have nothing helpful to say. Like when people ask for help, unless I want to bump so they can get an answer.

And I only respond if I mean it!! Or if my response wasn't clear and I felt like what I said sounded like I didn't care, but I do if I'm posting.

Oh geez....it really depends. Sometimes one word seems just right. I try to be thoughtful and careful with my words. But if I get fired up about something I just can't seem to stop!

Sometimes I talk, well type, without thinking first. Trust me this happens in real life too. I am trying to work on that! LOL!

I will come forward and admit that I really do care about my number of posts, and I have thrown a YEP, LOL, LMAO....etc for posting sake! I don't know why, I just want lots of big pretty hearts!
smile.gif

And I try to post lots of nice comments on FOTD, Introductions and challenge threads!

Oh and P.S. I am not always the best at spelling!
smile.gif

When you say caca I can see you shaking your head in disgust, usually fits the mood of the topic.

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif When you say caca I can see you shaking your head in disgust, usually fits the mood of the topic. Pretty much, haha. At least you get it.

Back