Flying economy can get expensive!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Holy crap!! I haven't flow since they started adding all these extra charges so was I in shock when I walked up to the ticket counter and saw the sign... $15 for the first bag and $25 for the second... And $125 for any bag over 50 pounds!!!

Damn!! I'm always over weight... All that makeup ya know!!
wink.gif
. So since I had two bags I broke them open and starter rearanging thing right there in line... The lady next to me was staring at my clear case full of wigs and my pink pokatoded makeup case!! Lol.

So I get up there and start the electronic checkin.. Put in your credid card for ID purposes.. The answer a bunch of stuff.. Then up pops this... "Would you like to buy additional leg room for $49?". Wtf?? Why are my legs that long? Or are the seats shoved together?? NO!!!

Then I finish and select 2 bags .... Put in the credit card again to pay for them.. $40.. And pop them on the scale.. First on 33 pounds.. Second one 54 pounds.. Crap!! So I'm getting ready to tear them apart again when the clerks says.. "I got ya covered, Close enough". Really? Yeah! What a nice lady!!

So here I set at the NEW gate since they just moved us.. And reassigned my seat for some reason.. Nearer the front of the plane? And of coarse I brought all my own food and drinks since they now charge for everything!!! So much for economy... $1,100 round trip isn't exactually cheap!!

So anyone else excitied about the cost and hastles of flying these days? I think it sucks!!!

I agree with you... I'd much prefer to have everything all-inclusive.

Paying for bags.. whatever! how the hell are you supposed to travel without any?

like in Oz, for overseas trips its 2kg, with charges for excess luggage. If I move to italy for 6 months, how will I fit 6 months worth of shoes, clothes, makeup into 2kg?! WHAT!

Basically I would have to take one smokey eye look, one neutral eye look, several pairs of heels, a few pairs of flats and a suit... then a few shirts. God knows what I'd do if my job ended up being casual... walk around in a suit I guess! haha!

And you'd have to buy all heavy things like shampoo and conditioner once you arrived...

stupid luggage restrictions! my mum still has a trunk from back when you could travel on ships. We use it as a storage thing for sheets and towels now, but holy cow, you could fit a person in there, can you imagine taking something that big to the check in counter now?

Lol... I cut my makeup in half.. Minimula jewelry.. 3 pair of shoes.. Couple dresses.. Skirts tops.. The 10 wigs don't weigh much!! Lol. Guess I should have left all my male clothing at home!! Hahaha

I've only ever had to pay for my bags if they were over-weight. Not paying for each bag I took.

But yeah totally. Cheap flights are getting quite expensive!
wink.gif

Last time I flew I was very well prepared when it came to food because I knew they charge a fortune for the crappiest food on the plane so I took a sandwhich and some fruit. I bought a drink in the airport (because you can't take your own liquids from home onto the plane) and then as I went to get on the plane..."Can we check what's in that bag please?" I opened my hand luggage bag and they confiscated my food and drink off me!!! They said you weren't allowed your own food and instead had to buy food on the plane for 'safety reasons'

Pffft! More like money reasons!

yeah, it's gotten damn expensive (unless you buy your tickets really in advance), and when my parents came back from their holidays on a french island, they told me the meal they got was similar to a doll tea party, with everything smaller and in plastic. they regretted it, especially considering they had some food in their luggage.

Rosie, i cannot believe you would only be allowed two kilos !! it means you would have to leave everything (or almost) behind, and shop everything once in Italy. madness !!

I KNOW! and in the fashion capital of the country! the SHAME of wearing the same shoes every day...
bawling.gif
LOL

Oh, man. Totally! Now a days, everyone is earning much more money but it doesn't feel like it with everything going up in prices.

My whole family is flying to South Dakota next month. We're all going to limit ourselves to carry-ons and then we're going to share one check-in bag. lol.

A lot of people are resorting to shipping their excess items to their hotels (for longer stays) because it's cheaper! lol!

One check-in bag, Shaundra? That wouldn't even hold your makeup and shoes?
biggrin.gif

It just keeps getting better and better... Hahahaha

So waiting in Denver I bump into and old buddy and we chatted for a while and parted company.. At the gate this guy wanders up to me and says "are you with the company and going to Wyoming?". One of the coworkers from a different division that knew me but I didn't know him..

So last minute they change departing gates on us.. And when I board the plane my assigned seat doesn't exist.. Obviously they changed planes to... And guess what.. When I arrive in sheradin... No Friggin bags!! Hahaha. This trip is doomed!!

So here I set.. NOT all dress and definately no place to go!!! Ohh well... Maybe I'll take a walk.. Its only 102 degrees out!!

If someone finds my clothes they better not touch my makeup!! Or I'll kick their ass!!! Hahahaha

Found out that our plane was weight restricted because of the heat and a lot of peoples bags didn't make it... Should be in on the flight that lands in half an hour....

i hear yeah.

i go back home to sd like 2x a year and it just gets more rediculous every time.

although it has forced me to travel light.

i dont believe the 2nd bag charges apply if your flying oversea's though.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif My whole family is flying to South Dakota next month. We're all going to limit ourselves to carry-ons and then we're going to share one check-in bag. lol.
A lot of people are resorting to shipping their excess items to their hotels (for longer stays) because it's cheaper! lol!

it should be nice fall weather there. well if your gonna be on the east side of the state (not sure about the west side as i didnt grow up there).

Karren, I would ask for my money back! if I PAY to have my bag onboard, then it should be there, and get off at the same time as me! GRR!

Well the good news is my bags just came!! This morning 15 minutes before were supposed to leave!! Lol. And when I opened the one suitcase I found one of those TSA flyers showing my bag was inspected... Hope they didn't touch my makeup!! Or any of my underware!! Ya never know who's been playing with your clothes!! Hahahaha.

Supposed to be 102 here today!!

Its good you got your bags back Karen
smile.gif
Good timing lol

I was in the US in 2004 and my bag arrived on a later flight in Philadelphia, the airline delivered my bag to the hotel at 3am in the morning lol

Well I've never traveled by plane but with the prices the way they are, I don't plan on doing so anytime so. These gas prices really have got to go down! Its insane!

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well I've never traveled by plane but with the prices the way they are, I don't plan on doing so anytime so. These gas prices really have got to go down! Its insane! Adrienne its a thrill that quickly passes.

Karren, that is a lot of stuff! it's true you're packing for two.

Back