Flying economy can get expensive!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just flew round-trip to Washington and it was ridiculous. There was absolutely no way that I could fit everything I use on a daily basis in one quart-sized ziploc. I had to end up checking my baggage and packing the very minimal.

Hey Karren did you fly with Northwest? I knew they were going to charge for checked bags but wasnt sure about anyone else.We are going to Vegas in November and I'm not looking forward to paying that xtra $$

That`s weird.. in Canada we don`t pay for any of that. Not that I have experienced in Calgary anyways..

We can only have a limit of two bags and two carry ons, but it doesn`t matter what the weight is. And pop and nuts and crap on a plane are free..but like..the plastic wrapped soggy sandwiches and stuff we have to pay for..but that is basically it!

drive.gif
We drove on our trip this summer at the highest gas prices we've seen. Not looking forward to air travel. Once prices go up they don't come down.

Vintage glam, 2 suitcases and 2 carry-ons each?! in oz, it's one of each, and the suitcase can only be 20kg I think? max! and its a lower weight for domestic flights...

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hey Karren did you fly with Northwest? I knew they were going to charge for checked bags but wasnt sure about anyone else.We are going to Vegas in November and I'm not looking forward to paying that xtra $$ Last month I flew to LA by Alaska Airlines and they were charging for extra bags and overweight bags.I never have carryon bags besides my purse and magazine (and contraband rum and coke) becaus it takes too freaking long to get them out of the overhead (and WHY don't they let folks without carryon get off the plane FIRST since the reason it takes so long to get off is from people getting their bags out of the overhead?).

Anyway, my bag was over by less than a pound going to LA so the let it slide and coming back it was over by 4 pounds, I think so they slapped a "heavy" tag on it but still didn't charge me.

I flew Southwest to NM/back from CO 3 months ago and I think they had just adopted the baggage fees right after my ticket was paid for. I wasn't over either way, though.

About taking food on the plane;

My son said he always takes microwave meals on the plane and the attendants heat them up for him; I don't know how he got them through security other than he is military??

They have allow SOMETHING for longer flights especially if they are starting to charge for meals! Otherwise it's taking your option away- either pay the 5-6 bucks for a crappy meal or starve??

Frikken dictator airlines......

The fare prices are expensive. I recall 5 years ago only paying $311.00 to fly from my city to Vancouver. It was a cheap sale. Now I would hate to find out the price.

Canada has two major 'Canadian' airlines. Air Canada and Westjet. Westjet does have a fuel surcharge but your allowed to have two checked bags (50 pounds for each bag) and no charge for the second piece. If luggage is overweight they will charge like most airlines. Plus your allowed two carry on baggage (maxium weight).

Air Canada charges the fuel surcharge plus you pay for your second piece of luggage. If I phone the 1-800 for reservations and end up booking over the phone they now charge you $25.00. If you want a pillow on the flight you are are charged $2.00. I have nothing against Air Canada and will fly with them but I prefer Westjet.

I just bring my own food (sandwiches, fruit) when flying now because most airlines charge for meals.

Northwest and United also fly out of our city but I haven't been on those airlines.

Back