So i wanna lose weight..but i feel i cant do any more than i do... help??!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
sooo for the past few years now ive really been watching waht i eat and m excersize...

gotten reallyy into healthier food lately..although i have a big appiteite

i go to the gym everyday (usually 5 or 6 times a week) for an hour and then i get the big ball and do 200 crunches on it.

i go home and i have a set of weights i do...and i do different crunches and excersizes on things. i work my arms every other day...like 3 stomach things other than the one at the gym. and i work my butt. and my legs a lil.

WAHT AM I DOING WRONG!?

i want a flat stomach but i feel huge...and im really concious about things i put in my mouth..soo wahts goin on??

if your wondering how i eat...today i had a moterella rye sandwich wit tomatoes mayo (yeah i know bad) olive oil (actually really healthy for you) and pepper. breakfast. a slim fast bar...

then i had a small non fat yogurt with mango and strawberries...waterrr all day. and a small bag of popcorn.

ive recently cut out white bread and such things. and i dont norally have a sandwich cuz of the mayo that was a rare thing. but anywayz... if anyone can tell me wahts goin on..id love to hear from you..

oohh and im an apple shape so im top heavy. wider set rib cage but tiny legs...boobs and a lil butt

Yea, cardio makes all the difference on losing weight. It helps speed up your metabolism. Also how late do you eat? Many doctors recommend not eating after 7. Alot could also factor in on your sleeping patterns as well.

i do an hour of cardio at the gym and i wait an hour and a half at least before going to bed after i eat..

Girl I feel your pain! I am going through the same thing now. I CANNOT do anymore at the gym.......and I don't think I am losing that much weight. Boo.

Don't forget that muscles weigh more than fat ladies
smile.gif
Weigh but also trust how you feel in your clothes, and keep it up because all your efforts are bound to pay !

Well it may be that your expecting to see too much too quick? I know Im like that sometimes. Your body takes a bit of time to adjust and if you have been sticking to the same routine for a while and eating the same calorie rangers per day you may be facing a plateau try switching it up ! even if you dont go to the gym 2 times in a week, do some intense cardio at home and eat clean (all healthy mostly raw veggies and foods) oh and drink lots of water!. Forget about the scale..measure your success with string or a measuring tape lol. Youll get there as it seems your determined.

Are you losing any inches? because it might not reflect on the weight but it will on the measures.

Sometimes changing your routine like the time you exercise or adding something else to you routine will take out of the plateau, it did it for me once.

not only that, as you work out, you will start to gain muscle and start losing some fat. muscle is more dense and weighs more than fat. you won't see an immediate drop in weight because of that. as you gain muscle, your metabolism will rise and then you'll start seeing a decrease in weight. when you're going to to gym and working out, don't trust the scale...

Muscle takes a long time to build up in women so I wouldn't expect more than 5 pounds a year for a girl.

Anyway, when you do something more challenging with your muscles than usual, water is stored and that temporarily adds some water weight but as you get more used to it, it'll go away.

Weight loss is mostly what you eat so I suggest weighing and tracking everything to see how much you're eating. Figure out your BMR and see how much you're burning on average to calculate how much more you need to work out or eat.

What's your height and weight?

I'm wondering if you are within a healthy range for your weight, and you just see yourself

as not being in good enough shape.

There is a chance that you are exercising too much and not getting enough calories.

If this is the case, your body may feel that it is in a "starvation" mode and as a result, you will not lose anymore weight.

lol to answer some of your guyes questions....

i dont weigh myself...well i RARELY do....like i havent in a long time. i base it off of waht i see in the mirror...i dont do a measuring tape either (i have one tho cuz i used to...)

i do know ive gained a lot of muscle so i know the muscle weighs more than fat...and i know that i weigh something i used to but look thinner....im not concerned about the muscle lol

i probably am at a plateau....which sucks....but ive been goin to the gym more now then i was....kinda think im seeing results but its reallyy too early to tell...

im 5'4 and around 123 prolly is waht id estimate..and i AM within a normal healthy weight range...

im not OBESE or OVERWEIGHT but i DO want a flat stomach....now i am eating and i never would not eat. im not bulimic or anerexic and i wouldnt be so thats not a concern. i know im eating enuff cuz i kinda add it up some days and try to have around 1400. usuallyy a lil over..anyway i dont think my body is in starvation mode...thats for sure...

i do run. I RUN! lol at least an hour a day...ive been doin more tho like i said so its more like an hour and a half or 2 hours. AND ITS ALL CARDIO...so im running. i swear lol

sooo if you guys can tell me wahts goin on?? its not any of the things above except mebbe that i hit a plateau. ive been running mostly everyday for like 2 years now and lifting weights for at least one year so simplyelegant...i have had over a yr or more of time to build muscle...and i can tell i have. WHICH IM happyy ABOUT lol
smile.gif

thank you guys for all the responses!!

has anyone been in my position?? and then finallyy reached waht they wanted?!? im curious.. lol (sorry for my novel..)

ohh and my eating...its been prettyy much going like this: (i kinda track it in my head..)

wake up slimfast bar (220)

go to work have a small nonfat yogurt wit fruit topping (135 +fruit)

then ill have a banana (dunno calories of that)

a salad with dressing (dunno...its been a turkey asain salad)

OR

avo sandwich of whole wheat bread. no cheese no mayo. only veggies (dunno how much that is either)

and then obv water....

and if i have other things its stuff like:

one soda (yeah i know bad)

or kettlecorn/popcorn...

snapple

honey roasted peanuts

strawberries

grapes

speical k cereal (rice milk sometimes)

am as of now im tryin to keep most carbs out...but i will eat whole grain stuff like whole wheat noodles or grained cereal or rye bread n waht not

are you doing the same workout every time? your body can get used to a workout and then it's the same old and you'll stop seeing any results. change it up every couple weeks or so. do different cardio every once in a while. change the muscle groups and exercises that you do.

Try HIIT. You won't have to go running for over an hour if you try that. If you do it properly, no one can really last an hour since as you become more in shape it gets progressively more difficult.

I'm not saying that you haven't gained muscle, just maybe not as much as you think. Losing fat (and obviously you have lost some) will make you look more muscular since less fat is covering them.

High-intensity interval training. are there buttons on the tredmills, ellipticals, etc??

and i actually havve (after i wrote this) was running for 2 minutes walkiin for 2 minutes and so on (on the tredmill)....is that HIIT??

and waht about the sayin where you have to run for 30 minutes and THEN it starts working off things from the day before??

Well there are settings on machines that'll let you do that I think. It would probably be good to get out of the gym for a bit to break your plateau. HIIT is easier when you're outside running because there aren't any buttons involved plus it'll be different enough to break through your plateau.

There have been lots of good studies conducted and they both work. I think you should try it and if it doesn't work, you can just try something else, but I don't think it would hurt to try.
smile.gif

Personally, I have the best results doing HIIT with jumping rope. It burns so many calories and you can be done in 20 minutes and burn as many calories doing that as you could with running for over an hour.

Also, since you are in a healthy weight range I wouldn't expect to lose more than a pound a week.

Back