So i wanna lose weight..but i feel i cant do any more than i do... help??!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Visceral fat is some of the hardest to loose. When I was a dancer, pilates did a lot to keep my stomach really tight, along with the cardio (dance) aspect of my workout.

so i should juss jumprope for 20 minutes?? i dont get how that id HIIT tho...and im not expecting to lose weight fast. i know it takes awhile (unfortuately lol) i dont need fast results. i juss want results...

waht are some HIIT things??

cuz i thought it was juss like run for 2 minutes walk for 2 minutes kinda thing...that i could do at the gym?? iono. i dont reallyy like being outside running and waht not. im more self concious. id rather do it in the gym..but jumprope i could do in my house so....

xexuxa...i cant stand pilates or yoga lol. i suck at it. is uncomfortable. i feel like its not doing anythin. i feel like im doin it wrong....although there are a few moves i do every nite that are based off those things. like i do cobra every night. but the classes...i cant stand them...honestly i feel like an idiot takin classes lol. im uncordinated and not fexible..i wish i was lol

would my body ever get used to HIIT and stop seeing results or no??

It's easy. Jump rope at a slower pace for a bit and then go as fast as you can for about 30 seconds and keep building up until you're jumping rope as fast as you can do for an equal period of time as doing the slower pace.

Your body doesn't get as used to it as steady state work outs because it's progressive, so as you become fitter, you'll have to go faster during the faster parts of the work out and also faster during your slower pace because your body will be used to going faster.

I'd still recommend doing other activities though to avoid having to go through another plateau.

Originally Posted by classylass /img/forum/go_quote.gif ohh and my eating...its been prettyy much going like this: (i kinda track it in my head..)
wake up slimfast bar (220)

go to work have a small nonfat yogurt wit fruit topping (135 +fruit)

then ill have a banana (dunno calories of that)

a salad with dressing (dunno...its been a turkey asain salad)

OR

avo sandwich of whole wheat bread. no cheese no mayo. only veggies (dunno how much that is either)

and then obv water....

and if i have other things its stuff like:

one soda (yeah i know bad)

or kettlecorn/popcorn...

snapple

honey roasted peanuts

strawberries

grapes

speical k cereal (rice milk sometimes)

am as of now im tryin to keep most carbs out...but i will eat whole grain stuff like whole wheat noodles or grained cereal or rye bread n waht not

Basically, the only way to loose weight is to burn more calories than you consume during the day. So if you consume 1400 calories you need to be burning at least 1900 or so to see a huge effect. I suggest cutting back calories and working out more. Maybe burn 1000 calories in the morning then 1000 in the evening? You should also count your calories during the day as you eat to make sure you don't go over.

There is a class at the gym called 'pump' and also the cycle class that you should do a few times a week to vary your work outs. They make you sweat and burn a lot of calories.

weights build body

slow cardio burns weight/fat

Full on cardio burns up fat then and there but then your body gets hungry for more food for energy, so you eat more and then store more.

Try a high protien diet, walking is good with short bursts of running, mix it up alot.

(i laughed when i wrote this because im thinking to myself - how can I give advice to anyone when Im the fat beast i am at the moment, but i was an active healthy person the other 20+ years of my life and i've lost 6kgs over 2 weeks since trying some new things)

I also found pilates flattened/tonned my stomach as well.

Abdominal pilates is really good, yes, i recommend. The hardest thing to loose for me is the fat on my thights, it seems i build muscle (good thing) but not to the point muscles replace the space occupied by fat, so i have big thights, i hate them. Hopefully i will loose it too.

Abs are made in the kitchen!!

After reviewing your diet, it appears to be very low in protein and high in simple carbohydrates. You should be taking in your body weight in grams of protein. It goes without saying that the protein you consume should be lean protein (chicken breast, fish, etc). Also, add more complex carbohydrates (broccoli, potatoes, brown rice, etc) to your diet which will inhibit the rapid release of insulin. An easy to understand diet can be found on the Body for Life website.

Also, you may need to increase your calories. This may seem to be counter intuitive, but the muscle you have built requires more nutrients to keep from catabolizing.

There are so many factors that can help you lose the fat around your stomach (timing of your meals, macronutreints, etc.) If you really want a defined stomach, I would suggest looking at the bodybuilding.com website.

Hope this helps!!

Hi,

I normally lurk being a CD and not able to dress at all for now. I see sooo many lovely women here that I know one day I will take all this advice and be as lovely as I can be
smile.gif

I had a huge long diatribe about health and beauty from a guys point of view. Anyone who wants it just email me.
icon_biggrin.gif

Cardio does not work, check out Turbulence Training(I get nothing from them). Eat organic as much as possible.

Most women, IMHO, are beautiful in their own right. But be healthy first and it will help you be that much more beautiful and remember to accept yourself. That will make you the most beautiful of all.

*gets off his soapbox, and puts his heels back on*

Crystal

You should change up your cardio routine. If all you are doing is running, then your body is going to get used to it and hit a plateau. If I were you, I would pick up a fitness magazine (like oxygen/fitness/shape) because they have some GREAT articles in there about how to lose belly fat.

Good luck!

Back