How often do you eat fast food?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I eat fast food (by that I mean fast food restaurants, pizza slizes on the go etc) maybe once every two weeks, if even that much. McDonalds is everywhere, Burger King has about 1/3 of the restaurants McDonald´s has. And we have like 2 KFCs in the entire city of Vienna). The rest of the time I eat healthy.

Everytime I´m in the US I get excited over having more choices (especially Taco Bell since I love Mexican Foos) so I eat fast food like 2-3 times a week, and I feel so bad about it. I´ll get hungry at 11pm and because everything is open so long, I can get food fast if I want to.

I just watched Super Size Me again because it was on TV and it got me thinking. In the US I am never able to finish my plate, the serving sizes are so much bigger. Also, the desserts have about double the calories compared to usual deserts here in Europe. And on TV there are so many commercials for fast food and regular restaurants. No wander you want that unhealthy crap, it´s everywhere!

I hardly ever eat fast food. I would much rather get proper food from a nice cafe or restaurant. I ate some McDonalds the other day for the first time in about.... 6 months? I was in the city and grabbed some before I headed back home, I ended up getting indigestion from it too!

Lol!! Supersize!! I never supersize anything any more.. And I probably eat 2 to 3 times a weeks too.. But one of thoses will be a salad.. Or a wrap.. I love burgers!! Maybe too much!!

We get fast food maybe once a month... either chinese or fish 'n ships. I don't like McDonalds, Burger King, or KFC as they always seem to make me feel sick... although, too much chinese or fish 'n chips can do the same lol.
smile.gif

I would say once a week. I work at McDonald's but the only fast food i eat at work is french fries (smallest size available), once a week. Even that now disgusts me. I usually go for a salad or hot vegetables. I also try not to drink too much soda.

We eat fast food about four times a month and I always feel sick after eating it!

I very rarely eat fast food for dinner. I get it for lunch everynow and then if I'm out doing errends and I'm in a hurry. There's so many great lil mom n pop restaurants, pizza places and sandwhich shops around here that I usually opt for one of those instead. They're just a cheap and fast but are much better. I do eat taco bell every now and then, once a week at the very most. I like Sonic, Captain D'sand Arby's cause of they're sides like fried pickles, fried green tomatoes, loaded potato bites, mac n cheese bites and jalapeno poppers!! Very healthy lol!! I hate burger joints like mcdonalds, burger king, etc. We have an Italian fast food place called Fazoli's and I eat there every once and a while, it's pretty good. I don't know if it counts, but we probably order pizza once a week or every couple weeks. So I'd say on average I eat fast food once or twice every couple weeks.

I would say I'm the same as Bec. I hardly ever eat fast food. I used to eat subway almost every day when I worked near one, but I bring my own lunch now, or snack on fruit if Im hungry.

I find the less I eat it, the less I want it. So, yeah. Very rarely - maybe once or twice a year?

The husband brought home MacDonald's tonight, hahaha...

Usually, we will have pizza once a week. My husband, I am sure, eats fast food like 4 times a week, although he won't admit it.

When I'm all hormonal at the end of the month, I crave burgers and fries.... iron and comfort.

Lol. That's the first thing I noticed too when I first got here in the U.S. The serving of food is huge. I would eat 3 times at a fast food restaurant on weekends.

Hubby and I eat fast food once a day. We get McDonald's breakfast when we get out of work at 4 am, so that we don't have to come home, cook at 4 am and wake the kids up.

That's probably why I weigh 130 lbs., instead of the 115 lbs. I should weigh. That and the fact that I don't exercise. But hey, I DID birth 5 kids, so that's my cover story, lol.

Honestly, every weekend and when the kids are not here (which would be an addition 2-3 times a month) But if we do eat out, I make sure to incorporate a vegetable and fruit with their meal. My husband and I are not gaining weight (I have only gained 3 lbs total this whole pregnancy) :/ So i dunno,lol

I *never* ate fast food growing up, it was a treat, once in a blue moon. Now, I can't get enough of it. I have it at least once a week. My hubby, who grew up on fast food now hates it and would rather come home and make a salad. Man, I wish my parents let me have more fast food growing up!!!

Surprisingly enough, McDonalds here has good salads. They have one with just lettuce, tomatoes and carrot slizes for €1, which I think is awesome. Not a whole lot of nutrients in it, but still. And they have greek salad, one with mozarella and tomatoes and one more. And the grilled chicken one of course

If you only get an olive oil+balsamic vinegar dressing with that it´s pretty damn healthy I think

But I think the serving sizes are really disgusting especially in diners. I usually only eat half and take the rest for lunch the next date but its pretty gross still. Its hard to only eat half a McDonald value meal and not eat it all so I just get a salad and maybe one of those grilled wrap thingies and im good.

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Its hard to only eat half a McDonald value meal and not eat it all so I just get a salad and maybe one of those grilled wrap thingies and im good. I am a sucker for Big Mac's, so instead, I get a Cheeseburger dressed like a Big Mac with a small fries, and then I don't feel so guilty!
wink.gif

I probably eat fast food about once a week. I'm really trying to stop but those damn double cheeseburgers and nuggets at McDonald's are addicting. lol There are a lot of choices here and I'm never in the mood to cook anything so fast food definitely is the easy choice when I'm hungry but the past month or so I've cut back a lot on it because I'm trying to eat healthier.

Back