Silly Addiction(s)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Other than make up, of course....

I have an addiction and can't do anything about it. I love music, and lately I've been really in to music from the UK. Seems like their music is SO much better than ours! So I find all these artists that I love, but unfortunately I can't get them here, unless I want to spend a fortune on an import. Makes me wish I still had that penpal from London from 5th grade. A guy I work with just went to Europe for work, so I gave him a list of 4 that I wanted...he could only find one, which is great. But now here I sit WANTING those other 3 in the worst way! And sometimes when I can't get one, it makes me want it all the more.

What sort of goofy addictions and obsessions do you guys have? Please tell me I'm not alone.

Originally Posted by Rebbierae /img/forum/go_quote.gif Other than make up, of course....I have an addiction and can't do anything about it. I love music, and lately I've been really in to music from the UK. Seems like their music is SO much better than ours! So I find all these artists that I love, but unfortunately I can't get them here, unless I want to spend a fortune on an import. Makes me wish I still had that penpal from London from 5th grade. A guy I work with just went to Europe for work, so I gave him a list of 4 that I wanted...he could only find one, which is great. But now here I sit WANTING those other 3 in the worst way! And sometimes when I can't get one, it makes me want it all the more.

What sort of goofy addictions and obsessions do you guys have? Please tell me I'm not alone.

Ooh what sort of UK music do you like?
& my addictions are makeup, bounty bars, lucozade and clothes
biggrin.gif

LOL Laurafaye don't get me started!! The 4 I wanted this trip were Anastacia (got that one), Lemar, The Automatic, and Bryn Christopher. I think he went shopping in Switzerland so he could only find the Anastacia. Now I have to figure out how to get the other three.

I first heard Adele and Duffy before anyone around here knew who they were. One of my friends/co-workers who lives over there was coming to USA so I had her get them for me. Now they play the crap out of Adele and Duffy over here! But I love them both!! I want that new Duffy single in the WORST way--can't get it here. *sigh*

Hehe cool
smile.gif
I love Duffy, I saw her live and she was amazing! Lemar isn't really around over here anymore, same with The Automatic really.

purses.. it is really bad i love purses but i rarley change my purse like i maybe use one maybe 2 a year but i own at least 8 of them :S

Really? but I thought Lemar and The Automatic both have fairly new cds out? I'm confused!

Oh boy I love purses too. Just got a new lime green Jessica Simpson one at work yesterday. I don't like Miss Chicken of the Sea, but this is one cute purse!

They probably do but they're not as famous over here anymore, like not very high in the charts i dont think.

My wife thinks crossdressing is silly.. More like stupid!! Lol. Other than that I'm adicted to hockey.... Chocolate!! And of coarse Makeuptalk...
smile.gif

oh that reminded me of another addiction of mine...

i seem to love buying ridiculous shoes that i never wear cuase they are either not my style or they are super uncomfortable

same with nail polish i have a huge collection but i never ever wear any

Shoes...I have 100+ pairs. Some are still waiting to be used, while I have my favorites that I wear over and over
biggrin.gif
. I also adore classical music and bollywood movies
smile.gif

Ok...I forgot that this is supposed to be silly addictions. Tons of people love shoes, so I wouldn't call that silly. I'll add figure skating though.

My problem is that I have too many addictions: nail polish, lip gloss, Classic rock, Star Wars, Johnny Depp movies, Harrison Ford movies, anything Superman related. The list goes on and on LOL!

But I don't think those are really that silly... I would say my silliest addiction is Disneyland, I'm always thinking about that place. I want to live there.
biggrin.gif

My silly addictions... bags, definitely bags, I have so many and probably only have used most of them only once... and at the moment I can't stay away from big tshirts.
smile.gif

My addictions besides makeup are music (Three Days Grace, specifically) and The Twilight movie and book series. I cannot wait for New Moon to come out.

You're not alone!! Music pretty much rules my life. I play the guitar and piano so most of the time when I'm at home even if I'm watching tv or on the computer my guitar is glued to my lap always. I'm always playing along with whatever I'm listening to, or with friends. I like to have my night time playlist going as I sleep. Me going out pretty much means i'm going to a concert or one of my firend's bands shows.

Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mostly just makeup, although shoes, jewlery and power tools...oh yeah, surfboards also.... lol makeup, shoes, jewelry and power tools. interesting combination :]

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif My addictions besides makeup are music (Three Days Grace, specifically) and The Twilight movie and book series. I cannot wait for New Moon to come out. me too! I LOVE TWILIGHT!
biggrin.gif

Ooh Three Days Grace is good! I guess music is in NO way silly--sometimes for me it seems to be my absolute savior. It's just why can't I like music that I can actually BUY here??

And this whole Twilight thing...I don't get it. Same with Harry Potter--I never thought I would have loved those books but my sister made me give them a try and I LOVE it, and all things Harry Potter! So with all this hype about Twilight, everyone is asking me if I've read it and I haven't. Until now. Started the book yesterday and I have to admit, I'm getting sucked in! It's pretty darn good!

I'm addicted to:

Accessories. Especially jewelry! Whenever I go shopping, I go straight to the accessory section and start picking out earrings and stockings. Lately, I've been holding myself back, though, because I have way too much as it is.

Myspace. I check it constantly. I'm always posting new pics and leaving people comments. It's how I stay in touch with all my friends and it's definately my favorite social networking site.

Books. I can't read enough. I read three or four books at a time and I'll read any book about any subject. I particularily like biographies and history.

Cleaning. It sounds crazy but I just can't relax unless my house is clean.

I have an obsession with Lilo and Stitch dolls. You think at 21, I would be over it... but no. I pretty much own every doll that ever came out at the Disney Store and I'm still buying! =[

I also have an obsession with scarves and jewelry... since I lost weight its been with clothes too...

Back