New Years Resolutions!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
sooooo what are everyone's new years resolutions??

mine:

1. to maybe look for a better job- though current economic status will make this hard!

2. to make more friends on my uni course- i get really shy during lectures for some reason, when i'm loud and crazy with the rest of my friends!

3. to think more before i speak- i have a tendency to blurt stuff out and pay for the consequences!

4. actually make a decision about where i'm going to travel to when i leave uni!

also i'm going to try go to the gym a bit more, i started doing this before christmas and want to keep it up! just 2 times a week or whenever i can spare. i'm not conscious of my weight, i just paid £108 to join it and want my moneys worth LOL!!!!

All good ones Lucy!!

I need to stop eating and start exersizing.. I must have gained 10 pounds the last 2 months.. And I need to listen more before I speak also and not complete other peoples sentences when they pause.. Especially my wifes..

Same resolutions just a different year

1. Lose Weight

2. manage money better

3. be more sociable

hmmm I guess I haven't put much thought into it, but mine would probably be:

1. be more open and friendly, and be up for different experiences that just 'happen'

2. stick to my supercool awesome budget

3. Keep running/exercising, lose a little weight

4. drink less! LOL

Those are really my only resolutions

I guess mine will/needs to be:

1) Lose the baby weight - TONE UP

2) Eat better -establish a better eating plan

3) Join a gym - TONE UP

4) No more COLA

I set goals rather than make resolutions. I write them down then set the time frame I want to acheive them. Here are a few of mine:

1. Write ten essays by March 31st. Want to put them in a book.

2. Advertise and recruit people for my home business.

3. Wrtie ten short stoies.

4. Continue improving on make up. It has gotten much better.

Gennee

sunshine.gif

I dont think that I'm going to make any. I've learned that you just live life day to day and hope to become a better person in the long run....

G'luck everybody!

I've got lots this year but they all seem really managable. Plus, I do really well with lists; it's helps to write down my goals.

Pre-New Year's/Birthday Resolution/Goal:

1). Finish unpacking all boxes (I moved into my new house in June and I still have stuff that needs to be unpacked), clean out entire house, donate all clothes/household items that are no longer wanted, reorganize, and finish setting up art/craft studio before New Year's. So far, I'm off to a really good start and I'm surprised by how little time it's taken me.

New Year's Resolution and Goals:

1). To save one hundred dollars in a separate account every week; if I stick to this, I'll be able to purchase living room and diningroom furniture by August. Fingers crossed!

2). To plan out weekly menus, shop the grocery sales, and take my lunch to work everyday. If I can do this, I'll not only be eating healthier but I'll also save money. Score!

3). To get back into art. I used to paint, write, draw, collage, etc. all the time and I really want to start again.

4). To learn more about photography.

5). To finish my wedding scrapbook. We've been married for two and a half years and I still haven't finished the dang thing! Shameful...

New Year's Beauty Resolutions:

1). To regularly manicure/paint my nails. It really doesn't take that long and it makes such a difference...

2). To begin an organic teeth whitening regime. I wear way too much lipstick to have drab looking teeth.

3). To post more FOTDs and enter more DTBs. I miss them...
frown.gif

1. Surf more.

2. Work more efficiently.

3.Improve my makeup and look.

4. Keep the weight that I lost off.

1. Become more spiritual.

2. Get accepted to pharmacy school (hopefully the first time around).

3. Lose weight.

4. Manage my money A LOT better.

5. Work on my self esteem/accept myself more.

6. Learn to stop being jealous and comparing myself to other people.

7. Make new friends.

I have a lot of things to work on.
tongue.gif

I wont say I want to lose weight because that is a given for me but what i really want to do is:

1. Learn to drive

2. Travel

1. Exercise more (well exercising at all would be a start haha)

2. Keep up with my art coursework and fill my art book up.

That's it really. Although I'm not very optimistic that I'll be able to keep #1. I find exercise so boring lol

1. Be more open to spontaneous experiences or experiences I would not normally participate in. I did this last year for my resolution, wanna keep it going!

2. Be more confident within myself

3. Procrastinate less! lol Don't let fear hold be back from doing things.

4. lose weight.. lol who doesn't have this as their NY's reso!

i usually don't make resolutions because i always break them but i have to get all this junk out of my basement so i can find my washer and dryer. (i actually can get to my washer and dryer but it is a total mess all around) i lived here for 32 years and have collected both my daughters junk when they moved out. when one moved back in she had extra junk so everything down there has a purpose but it is so unorganized and i don't even know what belongs to who. this will be a year long job i am afraid. but just removing junk and reorganizing will be great.

1. Lose weight/ eat better year-round (of course lol)

2. Get my driver's license (hopefully before February)

3. Finally get a job!

4. have good and close relationships w/ friends and some family

5. Meet new people

6. Get all A's
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Faith-Abigail /img/forum/go_quote.gif Pre-New Year's/Birthday Resolution/Goal:1). Finish unpacking all boxes (I moved into my new house in June and I still have stuff that needs to be unpacked), clean out entire house, donate all clothes/household items that are no longer wanted, reorganize, and finish setting up art/craft studio before New Year's. So far, I'm off to a really good start and I'm surprised by how little time it's taken me.

Well, it took me four days but I finished!!
biggrin.gif
I can't believe it; I'm so excited. All the leftover boxes are unpacked, every room has been cleaned out, cleared out, and reorganized, and all the unused/unwanted junk has been donated or thrown away! I feel so proud of myself. What a great way to start the new year.
smile.gif

Back