When you go makeup shopping...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do you purposely wear good makeup? I find a lot of the time I want to buy stuff, I'm totally fresh faced, not a lick of makeup, and this means I get less respect from the MAs. They probably assume I have no idea what I'm doing.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid? do you put on your 'makeup shopping' face when you go?

Well, I wear makeup no matter what if I'm going out. But I do spend a little extra time on it if I'm going makeup shopping at the mall. lol.

i usually wear minimal make up like foundation/cover up and eyeliner. I can't think of a conscious reason though its probably because i like to start shopping wayy early and i'm always in a rush on those days =/

Mylala, I do that too, but then they give you this eyeball, like "we can rip her off because she has no clue about makeup"

so I always am tempted to go overboard! LOL

I don't wear any makeup when I go shopping for it. I've had an MA (that I went to high school with but never talked to when we were in high school together) make a comment about it. She's like "so where do you wear all this makeup that you buy cause I never see you come in here with any." I visit the counter a lot, but it's normally after I get done taking care of my niece for the day. I don't wear makeup when I'm just going to be babysitting, and I'm too lazy to throw some on to quickly go to the mall. I could care less if they have something to say about it.
tongue.gif

I always were makeup when I go shopping. That's almost the only time I do wear it. Since I work in an office by myself all day, I don't feel the need to put any on.

I always wear makeup to the counters unless I'm going shopping for concealers and foundation... if that's the case then I won't wear any makeup at all, or just a little concealer to cover my circles.

I hardly ever wear makeup out makeup shopping... matter of fact I hardly ever wear makeup period... not that I don't want to!! lol

oi I know what you mean pinksugar. EXACTLY. I try to learn my lesson and stay away from the pushier MAs.

I usually go shopping on my lunch break (Sephora is only three doors down) so I already have makeup on. I never try anything on, though; I might swatch it on the back of my hand but that's all.

I often go make up shopping in boy mode like I did yesterday so defiantly no make up on at that time. When in girl mode my face is made up as usual.

I always wear make up when I leave the house regardless of where I am going, however I guess sometimes I may re-apply or make a little more of an effort if I know I am specifically going make up shopping, though if I just randomly wander into the make up section, it's what I've got on.

I think that a lot of the sales assistants at these counters are having an ego trip when they treat you like an imbosile, not all of them are like that, but a lot assume because you're on the other side of the counter you know nothing. If they get like that with me I'll play along until I'm about to leave then drop what I do for a living into the convo, then they shut up.

I always wear make up for myself because I have fun with it. A make up artist is a salesperson as well as an artist. They shouldn't make you feel inferior even if you don't wear it in front of them. I mean, I sell at Ann Taylor Loft and I couldn't care less if my buyers wore what they bought and how often. It's none of my freakin' business as long as they're happy.

Most make up artists want to do my eyes and cheeks, but if they don't or if they make me feel uncomfortable, I go to another person there. =P

I pretty much wear the same amount of makeup everyday, but if I went makeup shopping bare faced I'd be paranoid and thinking they're wondering what I'm doing there or that I know absolutely nothing...not that I'm an expert or so important that they'd be staring at me wondering why I'm not wearing makeup, but I'd still be paranoid
biggrin.gif

I would never dare to go to the mall barefaced. Our local mall is always packed with people I either know, hang out with, or go to school with. So I don't take a chance to look bad there.

I always wear makeup so I wouldn't be makeup-less when I was shopping anyway.

But if I was having a bad makeup day and I went makeup shopping I would feel more paranoid.

lol i makeup shop randomly when i'm out and about (i'm the worst impulse buyer!!) so i don't really plan what my face will look like. but usually if i'm out of the house that means i'm wearing some form of makeup, foundation and mascara at least.

Back