Embarassing. . . lost bet and need to get fake red nails

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a guy and lost a bet and have to go get all my nails done in red for a few days. I'm supposed to make them longer too. I really have no idea of what to ask for and slightly embarassed walking into a place.

how easy is it to get fake nails off and what is the best type between acrylic and gel?

I have to go to a salon and get them done there unfortunately

I don't know which is better between gel and acrylic since I haven't tried gels, but removing them isn't too hard. Soak them in nail polish remover until they get really soft and are easy to take off (make sure you don't use acetone free polish remover, it would be useless
smile.gif
).

Gels are prettier, but they're fragile! Just go in, pick out your red polish, and ask for a full set. Acrylics are cheaper and will probably last longer, so...it's up to you. I'd go with gel, so you can just break them off, lol.

I wear gels all the time for years now and they barely ever break off

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Gels are prettier, but they're fragile! Just go in, pick out your red polish, and ask for a full set. Acrylics are cheaper and will probably last longer, so...it's up to you. I'd go with gel, so you can just break them off, lol.

Lucky you, Ricci! I've never had a good experience with them. I like them way more that acrylics, but they always break for me.
frown.gif

It has to do with the person doing them.. mine is 9 years of experience w/ acrylics and gels

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Lucky you, Ricci! I've never had a good experience with them. I like them way more that acrylics, but they always break for me.
frown.gif

I see. Maybe my neighborhood just isn't the place to get them done, lol. Once I move to the city, I'll try again. Thanks.
smile.gif

Your welcome@!

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif I see. Maybe my neighborhood just isn't the place to get them done, lol. Once I move to the city, I'll try again. Thanks.
smile.gif
sorry PBF for hijacking your thread but at least I helped someone today
laughing.gif

I suggest getting just press on's

Originally Posted by pbf232 /img/forum/go_quote.gif thats ok
so is it easy to get the nails removed if i do it?

sadly i was told no pressons . . . i need them done at a salon and need to stay on for about a week

I been waiting for him to explain
kopfkratz.gif

Originally Posted by Rebbierae /img/forum/go_quote.gif Why hasn't anyone asked what bet he lost??!

How many times have I used that excuse!! Lol. I lost a bet.. Or my wife made me do this or its a halloween costume!! Hey if you want to wear red nails you really don't need an excuse.. I sure don't!! Lol

I heard a great excuse for guys buying pantyhose today.. To put on the end of the dryer hose. I'm thinking of using that next time I'm checking out.... "That bra, panties, and makeup are mine but the pantyhose are for the dryer vent" hahaha

Just go get them done and post a photo!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pbf232 /img/forum/go_quote.gif sadly i was told no pressons . . . i need them done at a salon and need to stay on for about a week You should do press ons anyway. You don't want to spend the money, time and then the time to remove them (and maybe have weak nails from the glue) for only a week.Go ahead.

We won't tell...
whistling.gif

finished last in our fantasy football league and this was the punishment

if i get fake nails, do they grind the nail and make it look funny afterwards?

Originally Posted by pbf232 /img/forum/go_quote.gif finished last in our fantasy football league and this was the punishment
if i get fake nails, do they grind the nail and make it look funny afterwards?

After they take them off, a couple coats of polish and they will look pretty again.
wink3.gif
wink3.gif

I'm just kidding, they should look fine.

Back