Now Don't Shoot me But... Mac Quality?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, alright, I'm going to say it.

I was less than impressed with the Dame Edna collection packaging.

Was anyone else? at my local MAC, the stickers are already coming off, and so are the little jewels. I just think, considering how expensive the products are, I expect a much better quality of packaging - I thought they looked like kid's play makeup from the $2 store!

What are your thoughts? what do you expect from HK collection? same problems? no?

I liked everything but the stickers. The stickers on the compacts and trios are fine but everytime I unscrew my lipgloss, I'm afraid I'm going to rip off the sticker. I do love the boxes, though! They're so sparkly.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Ok, alright, I'm going to say it.
I was less than impressed with the Dame Edna collection packaging.

Was anyone else? at my local MAC, the stickers are already coming off, and so are the little jewels. I just think, considering how expensive the products are, I expect a much better quality of packaging - I thought they looked like kid's play makeup from the $2 store!

What are your thoughts? what do you expect from HK collection? same problems? no?

The hello kitty looks similar to me. No matter how you dress up the model, the product is the product.... I won't be buying that, and i'm a hardcore HELLO KITTY CONSUMER! Trust me!
smile.gif

I'm looking forward to starting my MAC collection with this year's tax returns! I'm excited!

Well, I've seen a few reviews on the Dame Edna collection and they weren't very impressive just for the makeup it's self. I decided it wasn't worth it.

I do plan to purchase some of the Hello Kitty though. I just can't pass that up
smile.gif

I haven't cared much for the Dame Edna collection but I'm seriously set on HK. I've never been so excited for a collection of theirs til now but I surely hope not to be disappointed when I see it in person.

You know, I've noticed that the quality of the packaging hasn't been all that great since around when the Fafi Collection came out.
frown.gif

The stickers are terrible, but that doesn't keep me from using my possum nose pink gloss... it's my new favorite gloss. I can't stop wearing it.

Yes, the possum pink one is so pretty, so is the lipstick, coral polyp, but I just hate how they're expecting you to pay almost $35.00 (AUS) for something that's got such trashy packaging.

The whole point about MAC that people like, is that it's SUPPOSEDLY a mid-to high-ange brand, which has superior quality. Here in Australia, it actually costs the same as some of the higher end products to begin with, and I just don't think people will continue to pay their prices in the long run, because they aren't getting what they're paying for.

On top of that, just to add to my little rant, I've never really understood the point of all these collections anyway - Why become attached to a product that will probably end up being limited edition?!

Wow that sucks so bad Rosie, I can't believe the prices. If I could figure out paypal.. I'd do a cp for you. That's a good idea though...

If it was the makeup at the counter - I can assume the package is messed up because of all the people that touched it.

I liked the Dame Edna collection very much. I didn't buy anything off of it but the colors where really pretty - but then, I don't get suckered into packaging like other people. The HK stuff - not cute at all. I haven't bought any MAC in ages but the only packaging I did like was Heatherette, Dress Camp and Monogram.

How come the packaging is coming unglued already just in the store?? Geez ...MAC 'come on'!

It sucks when some pretty expensive design details start coming off on your hands when you open your new lipstick tube or compact or whatever.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, the possum pink one is so pretty, so is the lipstick, coral polyp, but I just hate how they're expecting you to pay almost $35.00 (AUS) for something that's got such trashy packaging.
The whole point about MAC that people like, is that it's SUPPOSEDLY a mid-to high-ange brand, which has superior quality. Here in Australia, it actually costs the same as some of the higher end products to begin with, and I just don't think people will continue to pay their prices in the long run, because they aren't getting what they're paying for.

On top of that, just to add to my little rant, I've never really understood the point of all these collections anyway - Why become attached to a product that will probably end up being limited edition?!

Maybe because Mac have now got their name and are a popular brand they are relaxing on certain aspects of the product because they think people will buy it anyway? I hope people are smarter than that.

I have not had time to check out the DE collection as I got to go to Chatswood or the city, but next time I'm there I will.

I find that the packaging of the LE MAC products isn't always on par with the quality of regular MAC product packaging. As far as diamontees on packaging, they never tend to last very long, same deal with stickers. They really should have re-thought their adornments, if it was printed onto the compacts, it would look so much nicer.

As far as I know, the HK collection wouldn't be sticker decals like Fafi and Dame Edna would be. Sucks MAC isn't consistent with the quality of their packaging. That doesn't mean their products aren't good. Yea, pricing is ridiculous...but that doesn't stop a person from buying MAC apparently...lol. I do hate when something gets discontinued. Damn you MAC for making Dazzleglasses LE! I did end up buying Hot Frost l/g which I really liked. Aside from the glosses, nothing else stood out for me from the Dame Edna collection. However, I am anticipating the HK collection. I heard the glosses have more jelly-like consistency? and the e/s quads are more pigmented than expected. Let's see if they really live up to their words.

Anth, I think you're right, and B, I totally agree with you too - I think it would look better printed onto the packaging.

I think I much prefer the standard mac packaging
smile.gif

The only DE products I have are the two lipglasses (love them), but I agree about the stickers. I think they should have just made it a part of the lid, as in, colored the plastic there.

I dunno about HK but I'm going to buy as much as I can!

Originally Posted by blueangel1023 /img/forum/go_quote.gif As far as I know, the HK collection wouldn't be sticker decals like Fafi and Dame Edna would be. Sucks MAC isn't consistent with the quality of their packaging. That doesn't mean their products aren't good. Yea, pricing is ridiculous...but that doesn't stop a person from buying MAC apparently...lol. I do hate when something gets discontinued. Damn you MAC for making Dazzleglasses LE! I did end up buying Hot Frost l/g which I really liked. Aside from the glosses, nothing else stood out for me from the Dame Edna collection. However, I am anticipating the HK collection. I heard the glosses have more jelly-like consistency? and the e/s quads are more pigmented than expected. Let's see if they really live up to their words. I've seen swatches already from HK, and I want so many of the lipglasses! And powders! And blushes!
The one thing that I actually don't want are the eyeshadow palettes.

i AM one of those people swayed into buying something because of the packaging, but the dame edna stuff looked cheesy AND i just didnt care for the bright colors...just wasnt meant for me.

i do like hello kitty, but now that it's almost here i've decided i dont really want to own a lot of kitty hellooo stuff. im getting a lipstick for me and a lipglass for my daughter and that's it.

if anyone needs a hello kitty fix, i bought tons of pajamas pillows tote bags and keychains/necklaces from tjmaxx right after christmas for my teen
smile.gif

Back