Now Don't Shoot me But... Mac Quality?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i do buy mac...but i dont care for the collections.

i bought the coral lipstick from the DE collection , the sticker came off the same day i bought it as i pulled it out of the box.

it does look like kids makeup.

Yeah, I had no desire whatsoever to try the Dame Edna collection. Glad I didn't.

I don't buy stuff for the packaging. The DE stuff is pretty nice, but the packaging is not my thing. I made away with a hi-lite powder from her collection. I still use it daily. Hasn't fallen apart yet, but I take really good care of my cosmetics.

I also hated the Dame Edna packaging it wasn't intriguing AT ALL! I did not purchase anything. The quads and trios are expensive and the quality of the product should follow through from the outside in..

i dont care for any of this packaging on recent releases, i think it makes the products look EVEN cheaper than usual! here in the UK, its more of a mid end brand, not high end, based on not only the prices but the quality of the product too!! ive been using makeup on myself and in my kit for many years now and have noticed such a decline in the quality of mac products, even some of friends who work for mac agree!! i've more or less stopped using most things from mac now, dont have any e/s at all! find them really hit & miss and hard to blend!!

JMHO xxx

Originally Posted by kabuki_killer /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't buy stuff for the packaging. Ditto. I have a hard time buying anything from the collections because a lot of the times the shadows are gritty and they just dont show up enough for me. I'm hardly ever sold on a collection. Nothing ever seems 'special' enough to where I'd need. Ya know? I like the security of being able to buy what I like over and over again. IDK.

I agree. MAC cosmetics used to be great, about 15 years ago. I have spoken to professional make-up artists about this aswell, and what she told me is that ever since the MAC company switched ownership (or something) the quality has declined.

Back