What is the most you've ever spent on one makeup item?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarlette

Obsessed with lipstick
Reaction score
I saw a $105 bottle of foundation on eluxury.com...which sparked my interest. Has anyone tried Terry foundations? Is it worth the sticker price?

12175588_amber_gold

I think the most I've spent on foundation is about $40, and the most I've spent on a lipgloss was $28.

Anyone know of any must-have high end products? I want to take a trip to Saks and check out the makeup counter again.

I spent $60 on Diorskin Airflash and also $60 on MAC's Stereo Rose MSF. They were both worth it. Oh, I forgot I also bought an Armani bronzer/creme blush duo for $75

My bf spent $390 on the Dany Sanz palette for me... but that's a whole palette... and if you purchased them individually it would've been a lot more.

I never heard of that foundation... it's intriguing.

When Classified Cosmetics first came out with their foundation, I spent $70 on a bottle...but thats about as expensive as I get in regards to make up..

I think the most was 35 for my LORAC powder foundation...

edit: i just remembered 55 for tarte vanity set. lol

Well, this weekend, I hope to spend $90 on the Kitty Kouture compact, and $28 for each Dazzleglass. I've dropped about $600 on the HK line so far, but I still need more backups.

In all seriousness though, my MAC is the most I've spent. Before that, I was using EDM, which is cheaper, but I like MAC better, so it's worth it to me.

200 dollars in mufe products is a good line of cosmetics but i will never spend that amount of money again.

44 bucks on a tinted moisturizer by Bobbi Brown. Scared my husband to death lol.

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif My bf spent $390 on the Dany Sanz palette for me... but that's a whole palette... and if you purchased them individually it would've been a lot more. Unlike you, I actually had to buy mine! LOL. That's a great boyfriend right there. The other expensive thing I got was the Kitty Kouture compact.

$20-something for Bare Essentials foundation. If my face is so jacked up that it takes $100 bottle of makeup to make it look better.....I may as well put the money towards plastic surgery.

I just spent 24 bucks on one brush and that nearly killed me.

But for 105 bucks that better be the best foundation in the world!!

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif $36 on some primer! I'm cheap! lol LOL me too! Most I've ever spent is probably around £25 for my palette with 120 shadows in it, I like bargains
biggrin.gif

For one item? $55 on Skin Perfekt Primer (which, sadly, I don't love). I have more expensive pieces (most of my foundations, powders, and bronzers from CHANEL; my CHANEL palettes and travel sets, some NARS palettes, LE/SE collectors pieces, most of my makeup brushes...) but they were given to me by the companies so the money didn't come from my pocket.

I like high-end makeup and sometimes quality is worth the price. I would be interested in trying a $105 foundation because I'd want to know why it's worth so much more. Obviously, I'd ask for a sample first but still...I don't mind paying good money for makeup when it's worth it.

Eeks, I forgot the Chanel face powder, Dior and NARS e/s palettes I bought. There up there.

I didn't get the Kitty Kouture powder. I can't believe it. It's my b-day this month too.

Back