MakeupTalk knock-off!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, well, I can't say I've come across them...

I guess the great thing about the internet is that it's so free, that people can create whatever kind of site they want..

Well I know of a number of makeup forums, so don't really think its a knock off?

But the name and title kinda sound like it would be.

There's plenty of make up forums out there on the net, they can call theirs the best, but we all know it'll never beat MUT
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif There's plenty of make up forums out there on the net, they can call theirs the best, but we all know it'll never beat MUT
wink.gif
Lol my thoughts exactly
wink.gif

I should PM LathaLizard and give her the link!! Lol. MUT's the best!!

Yah, I've seen a few before. Only one problem with that one....NO MEMBERS OR POSTS LOL
smile.gif

Don't let the users online fool you, they are cookin' those books bigtime. I can tell
smile.gif

Thats what i noticed when i checked it out. NO POSTS! why would anyone go there?

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are more makeup sites other than MUT. I wouldnt call them knock-offs.

There weren't many in 2003 when we started MUT.
smile.gif

Oh there are many website that deal with makeup, I can name 5 or 6 right off hand. Of those 6, 2 have as much traffic as we do. They are not all around great, just like some will say we are not all around great. One is good for MAC information, one is good for swapping.

Then there are the small, private, rinky-dink forums with handpecked members, crappy posting, no traffic, no information, crap in a forum. I dont call their names, I dont go to those sites, that makeup-forum.com is a nice giggle, along with the others as well. It takes a lot of time and dedication to get a high traffic, quality information, quality member forum. I have read around and some deny applications (I had one denied because they knew who I was so middle finger to the,
smile.gif
) One, omg you go there and those gals are like piranhas, they will verbally eat you alive.

Its cool to look at other sites, there was one (not even on the web anymore) that was a copy of mut, it died in a month.
smile.gif
But yay to all the other sites, its slow here, but I prefer to stay

Originally Posted by Tony-admin /img/forum/go_quote.gif There weren't many in 2003 when we started MUT.
smile.gif
Maybe not many but there were others.

Originally Posted by Aprill /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have read around and some deny applications (I had one denied because they knew who I was so middle finger to the,
smile.gif
) Why are they so selective??? That's ridiculous!

I don't laugh at them, they're just trying to get something started. Not everyone knows about MUT so to them they've hit the jackpot. I don't hate on other forums.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean that they were purposely trying to duplicate MUT, just that it's like a cheap version of us! xP

Meh, at the end of the day, we're all members here on MUT for a reason; whether it be becuase of all the useful info we give one another, the user-friendly atmosphere created by Tony and the MUT staff, to chit-chat or swap beauty advice...I think the success or failure of a site such as this not only depends greatly on the creator, but on the members of the forum...and quite frankly, I think we rock!<3

Originally Posted by HairEgo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meh, at the end of the day, we're all members here on MUT for a reason; whether it be becuase of all the useful info we give one another, the user-friendly atmosphere created by Tony and the MUT staff, to chit-chat or swap beauty advice...I think the success or failure of a site such as this not only depends greatly on the creator, but on the members of the forum...and quite frankly, I think we rock!

Wow, thank you for the nice compliment!

Back