Is This The Most Ridiculous Celeb Baby Name Ever?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
miababyname_0.jpg

When the rumor went around that M.I.A. named her little bundle of hipsterness Ickitt, she immediately pounced on her MySpace to shoot that shit down. TMZ says that according to his birth certificate, M.I.A.'s baby isn't an Ickitt, he's an Ikhyd. If we have to get detailed, his full name is Ikhyd Edgar Arular Bronfman. So, I'm guessing his name is pronounced Ick-heed? Totally different than Ick-ittt (as my eyes go 'round).

Source: M.I.A. Has An Ikhyd, Not An Ickitt! | Dlisted

That poor kid!

He's gunna have to live his life with that awful name. And as far as I know M.I.A isn't that big a celeb, she's not a Madonna or some other kind of superstar so I have no idea what she was playing at with that mouth-full of a name.

I know people have the right to name their kids what they like but this is ridiculous.

10). Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin)

I can't decide if this name is cute more than it is weird, or if it's just plain weird. Why would they pick this fruit anyway to name their kid after? I personally like oranges better and I don't think that name would have been any weirder (or would it?).

9.) Elijah Bob Patricus Guggi Q (Bono)

How many names can you give a person? And what's with the Q at the end? I feel sorry for this kid when he has to tell people his full name.

8.) Jermajesty (Jermaine Jackson)

I don't think we could have expected anything less weird from one of the Jackson family members!

7.) Moon Unit (Frank Zappa)

This one is straight out of the 70's.

6.) Poppy Honey (James Oliver)

Can you tell he's a chef?

5.) Tellulah (Demi Moore and Bruce Willis)

I would have thought that these two would have picked the most common name's, but apparently not. Their other daughters names are Rumer and Scout.

4.) I.P. Freely (David Carradine)

I honestly think he was high or drunk when he named this poor child. I can only hope that the I and P stand for actual names, but somehow I doubt it.

3.) Rocket (Robert Rodriguez)

I bet he wanted to be an astronaut when he was little.

2.) Pilot Inspekter (Jason Lee)

I was very close to having this as number one. Pilot wouldn't have been that bad on its own, but they had to just go and throw that Inspekter part in there. It's sounds more like a profession than a name.

And finally, the ultimate in weird baby names:

1.) Audio Science (Shannyn Sossamon)

What in the world was she thinking? I feel sorry for this kid when he (or she?) goes to school. This name is just begging to be made fun of.

source

There are alot worse. Audio Science and Pilot Inspector are horrible.

I like Apple and Tellulah Bell. lol

Woah, those are all awful! I'd seriously resent my parents if they called me some of those names.

Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif 10). Apple (Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin)
I can't decide if this name is cute more than it is weird, or if it's just plain weird. Why would they pick this fruit anyway to name their kid after? I personally like oranges better and I don't think that name would have been any weirder (or would it?).

They called their son Moses too.

Yeah, I often wonder what celebrities are thinking when they name their kids!

What about Bronx Mowgli Wentz? Or Zuma Rossdale?

I don't think that apple and rocket are horrible...

Different yes, but I could see a child growing up with those names (Although Rocket I can see being made fun of more because of the Rocky movies and "The Rock") but they sound like they could be decent names.

It's a lot better than "Jermajesty" or "Princess" (A customer at a place I used to work at was named "Princess") -- like stuff I'd not only be embarrassed to be named, but to have to try to greet them too.

edit. Actually I just remembered back at my hometown, the radio show I listened to was called "Rocket and Teresa" -- the male host was named "Rocket" -- and I listened to that show from like junior high through college. probably why that name doesn't sound horrible to me as a guy's name.

I'm confused about the first post... Which name is supposed to be ridiculous? Ikhyd?

I dunno, but that's a peeve of mine... Maybe that name was chosen because of her ethnicity/culture maybe? And now cuz it's not something "familiar" or "normal" it's awful... I mean the globe is getting much too small for that and it's a friggin baby for God's sake... Leave him alone...

edit, I read the name wrong. I was reading "Lick-it" instead of "ick-it" as the wrong name's pronunciation, which is a considerable amount worse of a name than either Ickitt or Ickhyde. I think I spend too much time online where I don't really register that a name always starts with a capital letter when using proper grammar!

I think it annoys me most that there are SO MANY names for one child, and none of them are sensible. Sure, if it's a cultural name, then why not? but Audio Science isn't a cultural name, how could you saddle your child with such a monstrosity?

And what about Jenna James' kids names? Journey Jett and whatever the other one was called...

Still better than that non-celebrity child from New Zealand that was called:

Lula does the Hula from Hawaii.

no joke, that was her full name. She petitioned the courts to have it changed when she was 8 years old and probably gained her independence from her horrible parents at the same time.

I think Apple and Poppy are cute, but apple is more like a nickname.

Ikhyd is very close to a Islamic name LOL its pronouced the same i think.

I just don't get why celebrities and parents do this...Are they that detached from the world or suffering a god complex so bad that they think their offspring must have total unique names? They just end up being ridiculous.

In family i got the common name (rebecca) but my cousins and bro all got traditional/cultural names and although they hated them when growing up they love them now (ranging from Theodore to Ineka). I gave my children traditional cultural names my daughter Niloufar (nil oh fah) we call her Nilo for short and my son Qaizer (Kay zar) 70% of people pronouce them right but theres been a few times I've had to correct my sons name they call him Qwazer as in celestrial type star thing.

I have a friend who's girlfriend name is Apple. But seriously some of the names are simply ridiculous.

I don't see the issue with Ikhyd. Sounds Arabic to me... maybe an uncommon spelling but who cares really. I mean unless you have an extremely common name you'll probably be teased in school anyway. I remember being called Tawanda-saurus rex in Grade School. My name though not terribly common as a woman's name is a traditional African name.

Apple to me is like Rose, Journey like Savannah... They're THINGS that parents put a certain attribute/meaning to. So no problem there... Names that are phrases, I could understand being considered awful/ridiculous... But when a name is clearly traditional/cultural, I draw the line, because that means there's either ignorance or some other stuff operating there... Like I said, the globe is too small for us to hear something and jump on it snickering and putting it in our little boxes... Do some research, find out possible reasons why they child could have been named that and then let it go...

Back