MAC counters in department stores!!!???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
a couple of weeks ago i was at a Debenhams store and i saw them remove the Yves Saint Laurent counter, and i knew that in the UK they would get Urban Decay at Debenhams. so i went past there today to check if they put an Urban Decay counter and instead they put a MAC counter??!!

i found it pretty weird, cus there is an actual MAC store in Cyprus and ive never heard of MAC being sold anywhere other than at MAC stores and at their online website. ive checked the Debenhams website though, and they don't have MAC listed as one of the brands they sell.

so maybe its just in Cyprus that they did it? what do you guys think?

p.s. i think its a good thing though, cus ive got a membership card for Debenhams and you can get a bit of a discount from that =]

I hope so! Although there's a freestanding shop in Liverpool as well as Debenhams so I'd always pick the freestanding shop first.

Good point about the discount card!

well it is a really good deal because of it. if it werent for the discount card it wouldnt really matter either way because they had everything. its not like they just had a small stock. they appointed a really big counter to it, and even the shelves on the side, almost as big as the mac store we have is. they even had the hello kitty collection
tongue.gif

next time i go downtown i'll go buy things from there =]

we have heaps of MAC counters as part of larger department stores. Is that weird?

A MAC pro stylist also told me that we're the only country with more than one pro store (Australia)

Originally Posted by Chachica /img/forum/go_quote.gif I hope so! Although there's a freestanding shop in Liverpool as well as Debenhams so I'd always pick the freestanding shop first.Good point about the discount card!

there certainly is,it's huge and shiny! i've lived here two years and so far managed to resist the temptation!!

I may be wrong but I have a feeling that the MAC counters in department don't accept the store card discount. I'm pretty sure that the one near me doesn't, and it also rarely participates in the sales or discounts the store offers. They almost always have a sign up saying "not participating in today's event". :/

The major dept stores in the US carry MAC counters too... So I guess it's just a thing that MAC is doing - putting up counters in these stores since they do have alot of traffic.

Yeah, I think it's fairly common for there to be MAC counters in department stores.

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif we have heaps of MAC counters as part of larger department stores. Is that weird?
A MAC pro stylist also told me that we're the only country with more than one pro store (Australia)

The US has quite a few MAC Pro stores.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by GillT /img/forum/go_quote.gif I may be wrong but I have a feeling that the MAC counters in department don't accept the store card discount. I'm pretty sure that the one near me doesn't, and it also rarely participates in the sales or discounts the store offers. They almost always have a sign up saying "not participating in today's event". :/ well, that would suck!

i was in Toronto down Eaton Centre a few weeks ago and they had a MAC store in the middle of a Sears. Pretty strange for me because in the US Sears is more like Craftsmen tools, refrigerators and some fairly mundane clothes.

Yeah and it's true that they never have sales and never participate in the dept. stores' sales. too bad!

I buy all my MAC makeup from deparment stores. There's no MAC store within hours of where I live.

Almost every department store where I live has a mac counter.
biggrin.gif
however,I do have a freestanding store that I can get to.

The first time I ever came across MAC Cosmetics was at a counter in a Bay store out west here in Canada. I have never been in a Pro Store, if you can believe that ;-). I loved them from the beginning, when the lipsticks were only $10 each.....MAC is awesome!

Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif i was in Toronto down Eaton Centre a few weeks ago and they had a MAC store in the middle of a Sears. Pretty strange for me because in the US Sears is more like Craftsmen tools, refrigerators and some fairly mundane clothes. That is strange lol. And we always got to Sears for Craftsmen or clothes.

We have a lot of MAC counters in department stores in the UK. There was also a large one in a department store in Amsterdam.

Ha ha the opposite happened to me. I never knew there were such things as MAC stores until last year. I wish I could shop there more instead of the department stores but its in one of the busiest traffic places in Houston. I'd rather travel the extra few miles to get what I need.

Back