Rave Alert on Wet and Wild Gel Liners

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
While on holiday I had benefit to score many major deals in the States. One that I must share is a gel liner manufactured by Wet and Wild. I picked up several of these in pharmacy and they were BOGO at less than $3.00 USD! The liner applies somewhat more "wet" than HIP or Fluidlines (L'Oreal, MAC) but the color is as intense as either of these and smudge resistant. I would say that the longer dry down time actually gives one a bit of needed working time for blending and applying on the plus side.

Definitely a product to pick up if you are a fan of gel, liquid, or cream liners.

I'm glad to hear you love it. We have fans of the WnW cream liners too. I use it almost on a daily basis and it's by far better than anything else I've tried.

I didnt even realize they made gel liners. I will have to check them out, especially at their prices, I can never finish a pot of more expensive brands before it dries out.

I love WnW's pencils so I'm going to hit the store this week and check out their gel liners too! Thanks for the tip!!
smile.gif

Wow - this is great - I love Liquid Liners and definitely want to try something else..I use Maybelline but have been hearing great things about Gel ones, Loreal Hip and MAC - all of which I haven't tried. At least WnW is affordable!!!

Originally Posted by DreamSonia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow - this is great - I love Liquid Liners and definitely want to try something else..I use Maybelline but have been hearing great things about Gel ones, Loreal Hip and MAC - all of which I haven't tried. At least WnW is affordable!!! Boy is it affordable. When you find it on Bogo it's basically 2 bucks apiece!
lovelovee.gif

I want to try this now. All these rave reviews have many lemming for one.

I've had pretty good experiences for the most part w/Wet & Wild & you can't beat the price!

For those of you that have WnW - is it their Liquid Liners because I couldn't find a Gel Eyeliner?

Also, who has had success with Loreal HiP? I bought one the other day but it seems dried up and crumbles all over my skin. Is that normal? I don't like that much.

Originally Posted by DreamSonia /img/forum/go_quote.gif For those of you that have WnW - is it their Liquid Liners because I couldn't find a Gel Eyeliner?
Also, who has had success with Loreal HiP? I bought one the other day but it seems dried up and crumbles all over my skin. Is that normal? I don't like that much.

The gel and liquid liners are two different types. The tall skinny bottles are the liquid ones and the new gel ones are in little pots. I got my first WnW gel liner last week and I really like it a lot. They have wonderful consistency and are so easy to apply!
I havent tried the HiP yet but I'm dying to
laughing.gif

I've had the HIP ones and they dried out QUICK. I had to clean my brush before apply more on becuase it would get built up on the brush itself and it cracked on my lids too. This WnW one is my favorite one by far. I've had it for maybe two months now and it's still the same consistency from when I got it on day one and I accidently forgot to close the lid right once overnight.

Also, I think they're called cream liners on the box so it won't specifically say gel even though they feel more like a gel to me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've had the HIP ones and they dried out QUICK. This is good to know because that always annoys me. Thanks

Lucky for the ladies in the US, i don't think we have any wet n wild liners here. the last place I looked at is london drugs, but they cleared WnW out and put something else.. Which store in the US can i buy this from? thanks

I just bought the WnW gel eyeliner in Eggplant (I think) and although I haven't tried it on my lids yet I did put it on the back of my hand and it stayed for almost 2 days. I have to wash my hands frequently because I have a medically compromised daughter and it took a long time just to budge. With this specific color I had to build it to get a darker line, but that's not necessarily bad if you don't want it too dark.

Be on the look out for sales at walgreens on this stuff. I scored two of these for $1.09 (they were BOGO). I can't believe a product that's this cheap works so well.

Originally Posted by dixiewolf /img/forum/go_quote.gif I didnt even realize they made gel liners. I will have to check them out, especially at their prices, I can never finish a pot of more expensive brands before it dries out. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Exactly..I have H.I.P'S Gel liner and they dry out so fast..I had to add some visine to the teal one just to make it apply a little better..I'll have to invest Smashbox's little palette of liners..

Back