Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cosmeticaddict

Shimmer Eyeshadows that Last

Recommended Posts

There are some really pretty colors in there too. Looks like a good buy smile.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also own the CS 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette and absolutely love it!!!

 

It seriously has every color I could ask for...and then some.

 

At $19.95, it is definitely a steal!

 

Apply them over a primer (such as Urban Decay Primer Potion or my personal favorite: Too Faced Shadow Insurance) for optimal results and all day wear.

 

Also try:

the CS 88 Warm Palette...everything you need for smokey-eyes and natural looks.

 

88warmpalette_300.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by lalalalila View Post
I also own the CS 88 Ultra Shimmer Palette and absolutely love it!!!

 

It seriously has every color I could ask for...and then some.

 

At $19.95, it is definitely a steal!

 

Apply them over a primer (such as Urban Decay Primer Potion or my personal favorite: Too Faced Shadow Insurance) for optimal results and all day wear.

 

Also try:

the CS 88 Warm Palette...everything you need for smokey-eyes and natural looks.

 

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebst...alette_300.jpg

I've very curious about this palette but wary as the 28 neutral palette wasn't all that great for me...I'm waiting til I can find it on ebay as they're typically cheaper there smile.gif.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The colours look gorgeous in that pallette... I like shimmer eyeshadows.

 

I want this pallette.. I'm checking ebay..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Adrienne View Post
I've very curious about this palette but wary as the 28 neutral palette wasn't all that great for me...I'm waiting til I can find it on ebay as they're typically cheaper there smile.gif.
I've never tried the 28 neutral palette but I've heard mixed reviews on it. But the 88 Warm Palette is definitely worth it! It's currently still $24.95 on Coastal Scents, but I'm sure the price will drop later on...just as it did with the 88 Matte and Shimmer Palettes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the 120 palette but really want the 88 ultra shimmer one! I've read mixed reviews about this one saying its too shimmery and that you get tons of fall out... are they like UD eyeshadows? because I LOVE the shimmer in those!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by ILoveMakeup84 View Post
I got the 120 palette but really want the 88 ultra shimmer one! I've read mixed reviews about this one saying its too shimmery and that you get tons of fall out... are they like UD eyeshadows? because I LOVE the shimmer in those!
I've had the 88 Shimmer Palette for months now and I still absolutely ADORE it! I only have one Urbay Decay eyeshadow (Ransom) so I can't make a detailed comparison. The only thing I can say is that the actual glitters in my one Urban Decay shadow are a little bit smaller than the glitters in the palette...but since it is called the "88 Ultra Shimmer Palette" this is expected. I don't find that the shimmer is over the top at all. In fact, most of the shadows are right along the lines of the MAC Lustre, Veluxe Pearl and Velvet eyeshadow varieties. There is even an exact dupe of Trax [Velvet (Purple with gold pearl)]. I can truthfully say that every shadow in the 88 Shimmer Pallete is of excellent quality. I've never had any problems with fall out; but that may be because I always use an eyeshadow primer and sometimes a cream eyeshadow as a base. If you take these steps, fall out shouldn't be an issue.

 

Overall, a great investment. I highly recommend!

 

And I want to try the 120 palette too...=)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by lalalalila View Post
I've had the 88 Shimmer Palette for months now and I still absolutely ADORE it! I only have one Urbay Decay eyeshadow (Ransom) so I can't make a detailed comparison. The only thing I can say is that the actual glitters in my one Urban Decay shadow are a little bit smaller than the glitters in the palette...but since it is called the "88 Ultra Shimmer Palette" this is expected. I don't find that the shimmer is over the top at all. In fact, most of the shadows are right along the lines of the MAC Lustre, Veluxe Pearl and Velvet eyeshadow varieties. There is even an exact dupe of Trax [Velvet (Purple with gold pearl)]. I can truthfully say that every shadow in the 88 Shimmer Pallete is of excellent quality. I've never had any problems with fall out; but that may be because I always use an eyeshadow primer and sometimes a cream eyeshadow as a base. If you take these steps, fall out shouldn't be an issue.

 

Overall, a great investment. I highly recommend!

 

And I want to try the 120 palette too...=)

Thanks so much for your response! It really helps me out! I think I'll buy it! I do use an eyeshadow primer and sometimes the NYX jumbo pencils as a base so I don't think I'll have fall out.. yaaayyy biggrin.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While this palette is pretty, I wouldn't call it "mineral". This is traditional pressed eyeshadow not mineral. it has mineral oil and binders and preservatives and synthetic dyes. While some people don't mind those things, I just want to point out to the OP that this is not mineral makeup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by bextacyaddict View Post
i have the matte palette and i love it! i need to get the shimmer and warm palettes
Where did you buy yours from? I did not think it was available in the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by ILoveMakeup84 View Post
Thanks so much for your response! It really helps me out! I think I'll buy it! I do use an eyeshadow primer and sometimes the NYX jumbo pencils as a base so I don't think I'll have fall out.. yaaayyy biggrin.gif
You're welcome! =)

 

Originally Posted by mebs786 View Post
Where did you buy yours from? I did not think it was available in the UK.
You can get them from coastalscents.com and they ship worldwide. =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I adore my 88 shimmer palette. I would recommend it to just about any makeup lover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I really want it!! My parents arrived a few hours ago and they brought the 56 palette and OMG!! the eyeshadows are amazing! And the 88 palette is from the same company so I guess they are just as wonderful!! Now I understand the hype for these palettes! They are awesome! I can't wait for my 120 palette to arrive!! =D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • HAHA:) It is quite funny and even true sometimes;)))
    • I went to a function in August and I was used mascara. Since then the eyelashes of my eyes have become very thin. I did not benefit from the remedies. Right now my eyes look so bad because of eyelashes. Please suggest me a remedy for growing eyelashes.
    • I started using e.l.f. eyelid primer lock and didn't have any problems.  Just recently when I reordered the product, the container was a different color though the product color is the same.  I read the information from each one and one is made in China (new one) and my old one is made in USA.   I started using the China made one and my eyes are starting to become irritated. I'm not sure if it's the eye lock primer or a new body lotion I just started using (Nivea). I'm eliminating the Nivea to see if perhaps it's the China made eye lock e.l.f product.   Has anyone else had any similar issues with China vs USA made?
    • Yes, poker is quite interesting for me. But I don't play for money..
    • My Netflix subscription is cancelled. I was only allowed the free month. I wanted so badly to watch a new show called Ares that came out Friday. I did not think I would get to see it before my subscription expired, but I did. I was able to watch it on the last day! I was so happy, because I'm not allowed to renew Netflix per my no buy rules. And I can't live with exceptions to my rules. Ares I loved and hated at the same time. I loved the cast, acting, sets, costumes, hair and makeup, exteriors, and story line. Ares is a great story about a poor and stressed college girl joining an Illuminati type of cult, in Amsterdam. But I hated all the gory horror, and they killed off so many interesting characters. The gory horror is hard to watch, and could be triggering to some. I know the gruesome elements are symbolizing something important in the story, but it's disturbing. The first episodes were good at developing the story, but at the end it was exhausting with all the violence. I think it would have been great as just a psychological drama. Still I'm so glad I got to watch it without violating my rules. Back to watching no buy videos on YouTube now. 

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×