Shimmer Eyeshadows that Last

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While this palette is pretty, I wouldn't call it "mineral". This is traditional pressed eyeshadow not mineral. it has mineral oil and binders and preservatives and synthetic dyes. While some people don't mind those things, I just want to point out to the OP that this is not mineral makeup.

Originally Posted by bextacyaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif i have the matte palette and i love it! i need to get the shimmer and warm palettes Where did you buy yours from? I did not think it was available in the UK.

Originally Posted by ILoveMakeup84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks so much for your response! It really helps me out! I think I'll buy it! I do use an eyeshadow primer and sometimes the NYX jumbo pencils as a base so I don't think I'll have fall out.. yaaayyy
biggrin.gif
You're welcome! =)

Originally Posted by mebs786 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Where did you buy yours from? I did not think it was available in the UK. You can get them from coastalscents.com and they ship worldwide. =)

Now I really want it!! My parents arrived a few hours ago and they brought the 56 palette and OMG!! the eyeshadows are amazing! And the 88 palette is from the same company so I guess they are just as wonderful!! Now I understand the hype for these palettes! They are awesome! I can't wait for my 120 palette to arrive!! =D

Those pallettes goes for much lesser price at ebay.... They are produced in china, CS only put their name on the readymade ones.

But they are really great quality. Check them out at ebay at half the price :p

Everyone rates these highly. Most e/s pallettes feel and look cheap to me, but I'm kinda tempted now.

And no, they're probably not really MMU, but from a company that makes MMU.

Originally Posted by PixieSkull /img/forum/go_quote.gif Everyone rates these highly. Most e/s pallettes feel and look cheap to me, but I'm kinda tempted now.
And no, they're probably not really MMU, but from a company that makes MMU.

No, they're not mineral eyeshadows. =/
They're still awesome though. And I used to be such a make up snob/MACwhore...haha!

Originally Posted by Leylani /img/forum/go_quote.gif Those pallettes goes for much lesser price at ebay.... They are produced in china, CS only put their name on the readymade ones.
But they are really great quality. Check them out at ebay at half the price :p

I dont think so. CS made it themselves but I will check it out and go back to this thread.

Doing a quick google search of "coastal scents eye shadow palettes made in china" will give you a lot of answers even some posts requoted straight from the owner of Coastal Scents in response to customer questions. There seems to be a lot of dissatisfied customers :

As I promised to get back to this thread after I get the answer form Coastal Scent themselves, and I finally did. Wherever they come from, I am one of those who are satisfied with the quality of their Shimmer Eyeshadow Pallette

"Most of our products are made in the USA, some of them are designed by us and

produced in Asian countries like all important cosmetic companies are doing, due

to lower costs giving more affordable prices to customers.

All productions are made under FDA guidelines and are safe to use. Finished

Makeup Palettes, Lip glosses and Gel liners are being shipped out of Hong Kong."

We've bought a lot of things from coastal scents. We bought both palettes etc and loved them. It doesn't matter to me where they had them produced as long as we like them.

I've been considering getting one of the palettes,

but I keep walking into the local MAC store and stocking up on things.

One day I will order some.

i don't undestand, are those paletts that are sold on ebay the same ones that coastal scents is selling?? if they are the same why would the price be so different?

I don't believe the Coastal Scents palettes are mineral makeup. I have the Shimmer 88 and it definitely is traditional pressed eyeshadow.

Try eye primer first then put shimmer. Otherwise I would suggest Shishedo eyeshadows. They are shimmering and lasting.

i have the cs shimmer & warm palette i tend to use the natural palette more often then i use the other.

High quality eyeshadow is heavily pigmented, and the color reveals it with the first stroke and will not fade and last long.

thelovely.ca

website

Back