What is everyone's favorite eye bases?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So..I bought Painterly paint pot back in April and I LOVED it. Its got a pretty big dip in it, so on Monday I decided to buy Bare Study. I don't really like Bare Study as much as Painterly, but to be honest, I can NEVER stay consistent with the same product.

I have dry eyelids and I heard UDPP (urban decay primer potion) is more for oily. And TFSI (too faced shadow insurance) never really interested me. I wanted to try BeneFit F.Y.Eye but I was reading reviews and someone said its like a mousse consistency.

So...what is everyones favorite eye primers? I'm confused on what to try!

PS, how is the MAC prep and prime EYE? :)

I use L'oreal de-crease and it works well for me... My shadow always stays where I put it........ If only I could put it where it needs to go.. Lol.

UDPP all over, never failed me and huge lasting power (both on my lids and in my stash lol, i use one bottle until its expiry date!).

I'm not a big fan of Sin, the goldenish version of UDPP. The MAC paint pots are good too, i have a blue one that really adds something when i'm wearing blue eyeshadow.

UDPP again and again. It's silky, smooth and has only failed me in 75% humidity but I didn't expect anything to last in that weather!

Originally Posted by Karren /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use L'oreal de-crease and it works well for me... My shadow always stays where I put it........ If only I could put it where it needs to go.. Lol. LMAO! you are hilarious as always
tongue.gif

I have tried Painterly Paint pot but I prefer UDPP, try it...I'm sure you'll like it
smile.gif

I love UDPP as a primer. For bases I like my Painterly Paint Pot or my Revlon Illuminance creme shadows(which do need a primer or they will crease).

I actually have been using ELF's Mineral Eyeshadow Primer and that stuff absolutely glues your makeup to your eyelids. I live in very hot weather and it has yet to fail me. At $3 a tube it's an absolute steal.

UDPP. I use Quite Natural and Groundwork paint pots. The matte ones work the best.

I use MAC's Painterly Paint Pot, UDPP, and Max Factor's Erace concealer

I use Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance interchangeably.

They have about the same results for me: both great at preventing creases and making my eyeshadow look fresh ALL DAY!

But I lean towards my Too Faced Shadow Insurance more...mostly because the packaging is a lot more convenient. It's in a squeeze tube, allowing me to use every drop for it's $17 (plus tax)'s worth. As opposed to UDPP's irregularly shaped vial, where a lot of the product gets wasted...unless of course I cut the vial open and transfer the remaining product into a jar = Huge inconvenience.

L'Oreal's De-Crease is a good one if you're on a budget.

Also, I've found that Revlon's Illuminance Creme Shadows work really well as bases.

P-eyeIllumCremShad-lg.jpg

Regardless of what you use as a base/primer, just spritz on some MAC Fix+ at the end to give your makeup lasting hold. Works like a dream!

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I actually have been using ELF's Mineral Eyeshadow Primer and that stuff absolutely glues your makeup to your eyelids. I live in very hot weather and it has yet to fail me. At $3 a tube it's an absolute steal. Thanks! I've never heard of that one, but I think I'm gonna check it out.

I switch between UDPP and Avons mousse eyeshadow. The avon mousse shadows come in a few different colours, I use the pacific pearl shade (sandy coloured) It's wonderful stuff, your shadow doesn't budge and best of all, it's cheap!

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif UDPP. I use Quite Natural and Groundwork paint pots. The matte ones work the best. Totally agree! Everyone told me that matte ones are dry and don't work well but I find painterly works much better than bare study. :)
Thank you!

Originally Posted by lalalalila /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks! I've never heard of that one, but I think I'm gonna check it out. My eye makeup actually stayed on in the pool with it. I was like holy cow. Normally if I leave makeup on when heading into the pool half of it drizzles off of my face. Not on my eyelids lol.

Back