What's Your Makeup Budget?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If you have one, what's your monthly makeup budget, and do you stick to it? Obviously this is pretty subjective, but I'm just curious to know what the general response might be.

I want to start limiting the amount I spend a month, so in turn, I can start being more selective with my purchases.

And I mean the percentage of your income, not a $ amount.

It varies. Like I didn't buy makeup hardly at all from October until January... but then in February and the beginning of this month I spent $300-$400 on MAC. I wish I could budget monthly... but it's hard if I don't like anything on certain months.. than on other months I love everything.

Well that makes sense. There's definitely no reason to buy something if there's nothing you like lol. I think it's okay to go a few months without buying and then splurge a little. It's like rollover.
smile.gif

It's really difficult to say, like Bella i don't buy if i don't like, and nowadays with my stash being quite big for me (plus allergies rendering my eyeshadows useless), i don't see the point of buying more. I either wait to splurge on something, or spend the money on other items, skincare or clothes.

I have no clue! I spend sporadically. This past month I have spent more than normal. I basically do what you mentioned lola; a rollover. If I am not spending I save for later purchases. I need a makeup buying plan. I have a wishlist, but that's not the same thing lol.

im sporadic. like if i need something ill go get it and if, while im at the counter see some new things ill get em LOL..

there is no reasoning with me... its a habit.. lol

I don't really have one. I try not to buy so much that I never use up anything. My spending also depends on if there are any cute collections or good deals out. I haven't been wanting to splurge like crazy since the Barbie Loves MAC collection, which was A LONG time ago. I didn't get to buy all the stuff I wanted then either. BOO lol

Originally Posted by lolaB /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well that makes sense. There's definitely no reason to buy something if there's nothing you like lol. I think it's okay to go a few months without buying and then splurge a little. It's like rollover.
smile.gif
This is how i budget about 90 percent of stuff in my wardrobe...

i do this with a flat monthley amount for stuff like toilitries and clothes and really everything but bills and savings. than if i dont buy anything one month i have more that i can spend the next month. That being said i make sure to keep track of how long since the last thing i bought so that i do not end up with an average per month above how much i set aside per month

That's a great plan. I'm going to try something like that because buying sporadically means buying something every other day for me. :/

I only wear the bare minimum (foundation + mascara) unless I'm going out for a special event so I don't have to buy makeup that often. I probably spend about $200 every 3-4 months.. I wish I could say the same about shoes lol!

i honestly haven't bought much makeup up until the past month or less. i am a horrible shopper, so most of the times i look for deals or dont buy anything at all. im a drugstore shopper as well haha. every now and then i'll have the one thing i splurge for, like i just got the UD primer potion, and a coastal scents palette. so i'd say im fairly good at budgeting without really having a budget limit.
smile.gif

I buy what looks good and works. Results are what's important. Most items I buy are cheap, e.g., WnW, Millani, etc. If I like something a lot, I don't mind high cost.

I totally don't have a budget. I just screw myself repeatedly every month.

No budget. I dont have a complusive make up buying problem...hair care on the other hand is a different story for me lol

I only wear eyeshadow and mascara so I have a lot of MAC pigments and e/s already so I have not bought any makeup for a year but I did buy a tube of mascara a few months ago

I have most of what I want/need so I am not overly tempted by too much anymore. Once in awhile an item comes along that I really want and as long as it doesn't interfere with my household budget I'll grab it. Otherwise it's just replacements and a small item here and there. The only thing I have a hard time resisting is a really pretty nail polish but I don't buy high end so that doesn't exactly break the bank hehe

I'm terrible at budgeting. There's always something I constantly want, and I always end up buying it. If I go so much as a few days without spending anything, I even have shopper withdrawls.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I have most of what I want/need so I am not overly tempted by too much anymore. Must be nice.

Back